• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control bill OK'ed

Legba

imported post

The ATF sent a letter to licensees explaining that this law will just clarify the definition of a mental defective as a prohibited person. It doesn't change the existing law except, as I understand it, to providefora means by which persons previously prohibited on the basis of mental defect can be removed from the banned list. I guess you need a shrink to pronounce you "cured" or something. Anyway, it isn't really any more gun control than we already have, so I'm not concerned, apart from having to stamp a thousand 4473 forms with our license number when we finally get the new ones. ;-/

-ljp

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281777,00.html

Did we miss this one? How does this get by without a word in the news? Were we too involved with some rich-bitch and her jail time?
Nah. It was in the news all over the place. And it's not a gun control bill. It simply "strengthens" the NICS. Good for everybody.

But speaking of Paris Hilton, here is the coooolest pic:

paris-hilton-wearing-police-car-crying.jpg

I don't know what she's in for but it just seems kind of funny. I think they ought to throw a movie star in jail every week. Just for s&g.