• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOIA

Mtn Jack

imported post

This is not gun related, but what needs to be done to get a foia for a police action against my daughter? i just need to get the ball rolling. Are police calls recorded from the station? we have a nasty call with misinformation we need to take to court. Please help Mtn Jack:banghead:

Sig229

imported post

ALL 911 calls are recorded. You can go to the records office and pay a fee and have the recording released.
Some states require a judge to sign off on letting those recorded calls go though.

Call a lawyer, he will help big time.

Mtn Jack

imported post

Thank you Sig but there was no 911 call and not enough problem to lawyer up but still would like to know if phone calls are recorded at the stations,this officer was rude and gave my wife and daughter a ticket for not providing Ins information, after he said they didnt have to.That is why my wife called the station to begin with. Tosee if ins info is needed or not. Thanks again Mtn Jack Will let you know the out come.:cuss:

Sig229

imported post

Ohh I see what you mean.
What your are saying is they called the police station and talked with an officer?
If so, then 99.999% of the time those calls arent recorded.