• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Meet in Utah ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Fellow Utah OCDO members,

How about a Breakfast at Dee's or any restaurant ???

Possibly Lunch at Golden Corral ???

I have a Park across the Street ( Peachwood Park, West Valley City ) where we could have a Family Outing With Barbeque, and various Sports. The Barbecue could of course be held at night

Saturdays or Sundays of course

:celebrateI would love to have the West Valley PD come out cuz they are "THE BAGDE" attitude:celebrate

Anyone up for a fun Meeting ??? Put faces to the names ???

daniel.call

imported post

I would be able to attend depending on the Saturday. I need quite a bit of early warning though. I live up north so I have to plan a car schedule with my wife.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

daniel.call wrote:
I would be able to attend depending on the Saturday. I need quite a bit of early warning though. I live up north so I have to plan a car schedule with my wife.
How much of an Early warning would you need???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Let's see if we can leave this open for a week or so and when we get a decision closer for a date, I would like to invite Clark Aposihan (Chairman of the Board @ BCI ) he is also a CCW Instructor to the meeting where we all can be educated further possibly about Gun Laws ( Current and Future Proposals).:D

He is a Busy Man but it's always worth a try to at least invite.

clark@fairwarning.biz

Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly . FEATURE . Utah Gun Laws and the ...

[size=-1]Clark Aposhian is the chief lobbyist for the state's concealed weapon carriers. ... Photo of CLARK APOSHIAN CLARK APOSHIAN (Lobbyist): Church leaders did ...
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week747/feature.html - 43k - ]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week747/feature.html+Clark+Aposhian&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]Cached[/url] - ]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week747/feature.html]Similar pages[/url][/size]

[size=-1]

[size=-1][/size][/size]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Clark Aposhian just verified to me by E-mail that he would like to be there. He told me just to tell him "when and where".:celebrate

This will be VERY fun and INTERESTING to have him there and to have Q&A's.

I am REALLY looking forward to this.

Tyler

imported post

Sounds cool. However, I may be in HI visiting my brother, Who has no rights because he lives on maui.....

So anyway, I will definatly keep this in mind, just in case.

Oh, one more thing......:monkey

gmdfunk

imported post

If this meeting happened, I would be excited to attend. I just need a when, and where. and have it far enough from a school that I can OC without a CCP

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Well Guys,... try to get People to get on OCDO as members,...but...of course invite People to come with who would like to be part of the GOOD cause of OPEN CARRY ARMS.

I know that it might be a little bit of a travel but I think it would be fun.

I think we should have in the Park across the street from me ( Peachwood Park, West Valley City). The address is 3539 w 3965 so (West Valley City).

I will try to take a Picture or two of the park to show on the thread.

This is a pretty big Neighborhood park where kids and families gathers. Occasionally there areactually Family Parties and the Local LDS church occasionally has Gatherings there to.

Bring something fun to Play with.

Maybe bring your Barbecue (if you can) I will wheel mine over. Let's maybe make it aPOT LUCKof some sort. If we are short of something Albertsons are about 3min away.

Let's for now set a Date of Sunday July 15th as a Breakfast thing. Would 10:00 Am be Ok?

Any different date up for suggestions or any other time of the day better ???

P.s I would like this to be a fun little outing with spouses and kids as well. EVERYBODY. Just to show that we (GUNTOTTERS) are just normal people. D.s

gmdfunk

imported post

am I correct in assuming that if people people wish to do so, theyare encouraged to openly, butlegaly, bring a firearm to this breakfast? Or am I way off on that fact?

I hate to point out that this park is only about 300 feet from pioneer school, so people like me who dont have a CCP would be prevented from carrying a weapon, or risk facing the wrath of U.S.C. 922q:cuss:

a good breakdown of whatU.S.C. 922ameans can be found here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act

So if the point of this get together is to have fun,and have people bring there openly carried guns,"to show that we (GUNTOTTERS) are just normal people." , than I think it would be better to have it in another location, where people who dont have a CCP can participate without risking prison time.

Google earth provides an easy way to check for the vicinity of schools.

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 341

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Sorry:uhoh::cry:

Well...of course this needs to be taken into serious consideration for the meeting/gathering. :cuss:

I will see what we can do and will discuss other possible meeting options.

I have another Park in mind that's not around a school ground Valley Park in Taylorsville. ( 5100 S 2700W )

I will see what Clark can help us with.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I think this is a great idea! :idea:Just find a good place, and I am there.That is ifmy wife is not in labor, we have a baby due July 20. :celebrate Taylorsville would be good, central location, plus my Dad lives there. Bonus for him! :dude:

SGT Jensen

Glock 23

gmdfunk

imported post

I have been watching this thread for a week and no details have been put up for a while. do we know if the 15th is still the planned day? and is mark from the BCI still planning on coming?

Tacomatose

imported post

I am in for the meet, I just need a definate date and time for the outing. I am thinking that if you hold it on a Saturday instead of Sunday, you will get a larger crowd do to the church meetings of many people in the state.Keep us posted on the details and lets make this the first of many great get togethers!!! B

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Well...,boys and (girls?),

It appears so far that we have a suggestion for a Saturday instead of a Sunday.

How about Saturday July 14th @ 10Am @ Valley Park in Taylorsville. ( 5100 S 2700W )? (Earlier??? 9Am?)

I will just have to tell Clark Aposhian from BCI what Time and Place and he will be there.:celebrate.

Let's make it a Potluck Breakfast. Anybody wanna bring a Barbecue? I'll try to bring mine:lol:.

Bring Girlfriends, Wife or both:what:and of course kids if you want. We want People around us to know that we are regular Folks just totin our 2nd Amendment Right with us.:lol::dude:

I really want this to work and happen.

please give any of your thoughts.