• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA, Democrats Team Up To Pass Gun Bill

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

GOA, the only national pro-gun organization to oppose the McCarthy bill.

Lie with dogs and get fleas. Lie with McCarthy and get bedbugs. Lie with the NRA and get billed for your dispensation.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2007/140607Gun.htm

[Excerpt]
That wasn't enough for the Gun Owners of America, which said on its Web page that it was the only national pro-gun organization to oppose the McCarthy bill. "There are some seemingly pro-gun congressmen who are driven to get anything passed, just so they can say they did something about Virginia Tech," it said.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kelly J

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
GOA, the only national pro-gun organization to oppose the McCarthy bill.

Lie with dogs and get fleas. Lie with McCarthy and get bedbugs. Lie with the NRA and get billed for your dispensation.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2007/140607Gun.htm

[Excerpt]
That wasn't enough for the Gun Owners of America, which said on its Web page that it was the only national pro-gun organization to oppose the McCarthy bill. "There are some seemingly pro-gun congressmen who are driven to get anything passed, just so they can say they did something about Virginia Tech," it said.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$$$$$$$$$$$

In reality this may not turn out to be such a bad thing, first off it would not matter if this law was in place or not before the Shooting at VT because it was a Failure of the reporting system not the law that failed in this case as I understand the sequence of events, that said with this new proposal it should if all things are as worded allow a lot of names of our Veterans, to be removed from the list that was applied back when Clinton was in Office. No doubt that time will tell and I have hopes for the best in this situation, as I was adamantly opposed to any collaboration and compromise from the beginning, but after reading the wording of the bill it as I said, "might not be a bad thing", if it corrects the improper inclusion of our Veterans names indiscriminately placed on the list.