• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Concealed Weapon License--- FAST

VAspringer

imported post

Just an FYI for interested guys and gals out there.

I'm a Virginia resident but own a vacation home in Florida. On a recent trip to Florida I stopped in and had my fingerprints scanned, completed the simple one page application (requires a passport photo) and submitted the application to the proper authorities. I received my residentlicense yesterday in 17 days including mail time. The license has my photo, and all pertinent information professionally encased in plastic. The license looks very much like a Virginia driver's permit.

The entire process was painless and efficient. Florida really has their stuff together when it comes to concealed licenses. :cool:

Anyone interested in obtaining a Florida license should not hesitate...Painless !!!

LEO 229

imported post

I was told that a Florida CC permit is accepted by more states than that of Virginia.....

Any breakdown that you know of?

BTW: What was the cost?

blk

imported post

OK. I am officially jealous! I have been waiting for 1 month on my TN Carry Permit.

Waiting.......................waiting................................waiting.............................waiting.

Of course, this is TN. :banghead:

VAspringer

imported post

I paid $39.00for the scanned prints and $75.00 for the actual Florida license.

I now have Virginia, New Hampshire, and Florida. I'm semi-retired and travel quite a bit and these three states have me covered in most all the places Ivisit.

The hard part is remembering the different "laws" of all the states involved. :question::uhoh:I keep a current working file of all the reciprical states and their laws....always review it in depth before I travel.