Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open carry poll at TheHighRoad.org

Post imported post

Post imported post

Thanks for the link, I think. Reading it just gives me a big headache. I am glad this board is mostly full of people that believe in rights and aren't scared ninny's to exercise them.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

They just need to hear from us about the political activism benefits, our actual experiences, and the ratio of good encounters to bad. I registered. Just waiting for the e-mail confirmation. Anybody want to come join me?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I registered on the forum. I've browsed through it earlier today. I don't have an heavily weighed opinion on what's going on there yet.

I joined another forum about a month ago that I am not necessarily too keen on, but I still browse it every once in a while. It is 2aforum.com.

Post imported post

I already posted some of my thoughts. However, the Anti OC crowd doesn't want to hear the truth about OC any more then the MMM'ers want to hear the truth. Not everyone can be an 'out of the closet' freedom fighter. Some prefer to cower in their homes and declare their rights loudly.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    I already posted some of my thoughts. However, the Anti OC crowd doesn't want to hear the truth about OC any more then the MMM'ers want to hear the truth. Not everyone can be an 'out of the closet' freedom fighter. Some prefer to cower in their homes and declare their rights loudly.
    Spoken like a true Leatherneck--direct. However, we won't convert them byangering themwith insults if any of the 43 guests we had earlier this evening were them looking in.

Some of those guys may be our "public." Lets see if we can't convert any of them.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I don't understand the anti-OC people. That would be like us coming on to this forum and bashing CC. I don't think I've ever see anyone here do that. As far as I'm concerned, OC or CC, whichever you feel is best for you. I do both.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

For a lot of people OC is too out front. They are not interested in dealing with the questions, the occasional Pat down and serial number check from LEO 229, or the wrath of the MMM. They just want the security of being able to protect themselves, and be left alone.

It is not any different than people here really except in so far as the way we each go about achieving the goal. They see the path to the goal requires CC so people will leave them alone because they are unaware of the firearm. OC folks believe they should have all these things without hiding who they are and what they represent, because people should simply respect that we have rights.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I don't understand the anti-OC people. That would be like us coming on to this forum and bashing CC. I don't think I've ever see anyone here do that.
    I haven't either until now, but now we can officially say someone has.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    However, the Anti OC crowd doesn't want to hear the truth about OC any more then the MMM'ers want to hear the truth. Not everyone can be an 'out of the closet' freedom fighter. Some prefer to cower in their homes and declare their rights loudly.

There is no "Anti OC crowd" overat THR. The poll results clearly show a VERY HIGH favorable to the general question about OC and the VA specific question. For example on the question: Virginians are correct to carry openly, the vote was 99 to 4 in favor!

That's notan "Anti OC" crowd. Are you sure that you're at the right thread?

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Very poorly constructed poll.
    Answers are split between the VA specific and non-VA answers.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I concur on your observations on the numbers and the way they are distributed among the (too many) answers.

There certainly is not "an anti-OC crowd" who "doesn't want to hear the truth about OC" over there at THR.
    Maybe he meant glocktalk...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Virginians are correct to carry openly...voteisnow: 115 to6 in favor!

So, Hank, since you're so interested in this poll, how did you vote??

For the record, I voted that Virginians are correct to open carry, and I voted if legal, I would open carry (which in fact I do, almost every day).

Post imported post

I voted in this poll, almost 3 years ago. To date, the best response to those who have "thrashed" OC'ers was this post, also from 2004:
    Every time one of these threads comes up. Somebody tells us that open carry will make you the first target. Cite. Cite, somebody, please cite
    the sound of crickets.

Post imported post

Allen wrote:
    I voted in this poll, almost 3 years ago. To date, the best response to those who have "thrashed" OC'ers was this post, also from 2004:
    Every time one of these threads comes up. Somebody tells us that open carry will make you the first target. Cite. Cite, somebody, please cite
    the sound of crickets.
    I noticed that response to several of those statements. I've yet to actually find someone cite something to that effect. There seems to be no evidence to backup everyone's claim that OC'ers are first targets.

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    I noticed that response to several of those statements. I've yet to actually find someone cite something to that effect. There seems to be no evidence to backup everyone's claim that OC'ers are first targets.
    I have yet to see a story of an OC'er actually having to use their weapon at all... Must be a pretty good deterrent
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Hank, I remember thinking about that incident.

If the guy was in condition white while OCing, what condition would he have been in if he was CCing?

I wonder, because while I feel that I have good situational awareness while CCing, I'm positively hyper while OCing!! Maybe it's just me.....

Post imported post

I can imagine that there are some who may object to being required to carry a level 3 holster, for reasons of their own.

Post imported post

More laws. How could we go wrong with that. After all, laws fix any problem.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    And a holster with retention should be mandatory. Hmm, that would probably make a good law--all OCers must have a Level 3 holster to carry legally...

Who would possibly object to that?!
    Pushing more gun control again, Hank? No wonder youwant to get cozy withMMM and praise NRA when they sell out.

Now for the part where you call me an extremist (which I won't deny) and then try to ridicule me (which won't work on those whose opinion I actually give a crap about).So, back to you, buddy.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Safety is a good tool for tyrants. No one can be against safety.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. Write small, miss small.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

State Researcher

Post imported post

"You can't fix stupid"
    Particularly by passing laws...

State Researcher

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Of course you can fix stupid. One way is by passing laws. (There are others.) If the member here who had his gun snatched out of his holster while he was shopping at Wal-Mart had been forced to have a Level 2 holster, his gun would not have been removed.
    100% Incorrect. Laws have never "fixed" ones mental deficiencies.

Law's don't "fix" stupid. They simply provide a way to [i]punish[/b] stupid.

State Researcher

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Laws can affect behavior. There's no denying that.
    I love jerking your chain, Hank. It's just so damn easy

Point still stands. You said you can fix stupid.

Fact is you can't.

Possibly affecting behaviour (if one is smart enough to follow a law in the first place) is not the same thing as "fixing stupid"

Are we done yet? :P

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants. No one can be against safety.
    Of course youcan fix stupid.
    Ignorance can be cured, 'fixed,' but stupid goes clean to the bone. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. NRA *******

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast