• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry poll at TheHighRoad.org

VAopencarry

imported post

Thanks for the link, I think. Reading it just gives me a big headache. I am glad this board is mostly full of people that believe in rights and aren't scared ninny's to exercise them.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They just need to hear from us about the political activism benefits, our actual experiences, and the ratio of good encounters to bad. I registered. Just waiting for the e-mail confirmation. Anybody want to come join me?

vrwmiller

imported post

I registered on the forum. I've browsed through it earlier today. I don't have an heavily weighed opinion on what's going on there yet.

I joined another forum about a month ago that I am not necessarily too keen on, but I still browse it every once in a while. It is 2aforum.com.

VAopencarry

imported post

I already posted some of my thoughts. However, the Anti OC crowd doesn't want to hear the truth about OC any more then the MMM'ers want to hear the truth. Not everyone can be an 'out of the closet' freedom fighter. Some prefer to cower in their homes and declare their rights loudly.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I already posted some of my thoughts. However, the Anti OC crowd doesn't want to hear the truth about OC any more then the MMM'ers want to hear the truth. Not everyone can be an 'out of the closet' freedom fighter. Some prefer to cower in their homes and declare their rights loudly.

Spoken like a true Leatherneck--direct. However, we won't convert them byangering themwith insults if any of the 43 guests we had earlier this evening were them looking in. :)

Some of those guys may be our "public." Lets see if we can't convert any of them.

Tomahawk

imported post

I don't understand the anti-OC people. That would be like us coming on to this forum and bashing CC. I don't think I've ever see anyone here do that. As far as I'm concerned, OC or CC, whichever you feel is best for you. I do both.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For a lot of people OC is too out front. They are not interested in dealing with the questions, the occasional Pat down and serial number check from LEO 229, or the wrath of the MMM. They just want the security of being able to protect themselves, and be left alone.

It is not any different than people here really except in so far as the way we each go about achieving the goal. They see the path to the goal requires CC so people will leave them alone because they are unaware of the firearm. OC folks believe they should have all these things without hiding who they are and what they represent, because people should simply respect that we have rights.

Regards

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
However, the Anti OC crowd doesn't want to hear the truth about OC any more then the MMM'ers want to hear the truth. Not everyone can be an 'out of the closet' freedom fighter. Some prefer to cower in their homes and declare their rights loudly.

There is no "Anti OC crowd" overat THR. The poll results clearly show a VERY HIGH favorable to the general question about OC and the VA specific question. For example on the question: Virginians are correct to carry openly, the vote was 99 to 4 in favor!

That's notan "Anti OC" crowd. Are you sure that you're at the right thread?

[align=left][/align]
inbred.jpg

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Virginians are correct to carry openly...voteisnow: 115 to6 in favor!

So, Hank, since you're so interested in this poll, how did you vote??

For the record, I voted that Virginians are correct to open carry, and I voted if legal, I would open carry (which in fact I do, almost every day).

Allen

imported post

I voted in this poll, almost 3 years ago. To date, the best response to those who have "thrashed" OC'ers was this post, also from 2004:
Every time one of these threads comes up. Somebody tells us that open carry will make you the first target. Cite. Cite, somebody, please cite
the sound of crickets.

vrwmiller

imported post

Allen wrote:
I voted in this poll, almost 3 years ago. To date, the best response to those who have "thrashed" OC'ers was this post, also from 2004:
Every time one of these threads comes up. Somebody tells us that open carry will make you the first target. Cite. Cite, somebody, please cite
the sound of crickets.
I noticed that response to several of those statements. I've yet to actually find someone cite something to that effect. There seems to be no evidence to backup everyone's claim that OC'ers are first targets.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:

I noticed that response to several of those statements. I've yet to actually find someone cite something to that effect. There seems to be no evidence to backup everyone's claim that OC'ers are first targets.

I have yet to see a story of an OC'er actually having to use their weapon at all... Must be a pretty good deterrent:)

Allen

imported post

Hank, I remember thinking about that incident.

If the guy was in condition white while OCing, what condition would he have been in if he was CCing?

I wonder, because while I feel that I have good situational awareness while CCing, I'm positively hyper while OCing!! Maybe it's just me.....

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
And a holster with retention should be mandatory. Hmm, that would probably make a good law--all OCers must have a Level 3 holster to carry legally...

Who would possibly object to that?!

Pushing more gun control again, Hank? No wonder youwant to get cozy withMMM and praise NRA when they sell out.

Now for the part where you call me an extremist (which I won't deny) and then try to ridicule me (which won't work on those whose opinion I actually give a crap about).So, back to you, buddy.