• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry poll at TheHighRoad.org

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
Of course you can fix stupid. One way is by passing laws. (There are others.) If the member here who had his gun snatched out of his holster while he was shopping at Wal-Mart had been forced to have a Level 2 holster, his gun would not have been removed.
100% Incorrect. Laws have never "fixed" ones mental deficiencies.

Law's don't "fix" stupid. They simply provide a way to punish[/b] stupid.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
Laws can affect behavior. There's no denying that.

I love jerking your chain, Hank. It's just so damn easy :)

Point still stands. You said you can fix stupid.

Fact is you can't.

Possibly affecting behaviour (if one is smart enough to follow a law in the first place) is not the same thing as "fixing stupid"

Are we done yet? :p

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Who would possibly opposethe use of a Level 2 holster for open carriers?

I would. Just like I oppose seat belt laws. I don't need or want the gov't to tell me I have to be safe, thank you very much. Do I wear seat belts when driving, yes, I'm not an idiot. Do I use holsters with retention, yes. Do I want a law telling me I have to do either, no.

So Hank, tell me, when you OC, do you use a holster with retention?? You do OC, correct??!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I can't believe we are even considering this post from a man who doesn't even OC. Don't feed the trolls.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I can't believe we are even considering this post from a man who doesn't even OC.  Don't feed the trolls.

I can't believe anyone would at this point try to engage a person in reasoned discourse, who is unable to understand and take at face value even the simplest direct statement, or question.

He is psychologically incapable of answering ANY questions put to him, on any subject, and apparently has no personal experience from which he could possibly understand the issues under discussion, or how the majority of the members of this forum might feel about them.

How many other people on this forum have you EVER seen take a position in favor of MORE laws in ANY area, let alone more restrictions on firearms ownership or carry.

Never try to teach a pig to dance. It wastes your time, and it irritates the pig.:banghead:

Regards

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
HankT wrote:
And a holster with retention should be mandatory. Hmm, that would probably make a good law--all OCers must have a Level 3 holster to carry legally...

Who would possibly object to that?!

Pushing more gun control again, Hank? No wonder youwant to get cozy withMMM and praise NRA when they sell out.
No. It's not gun control, Tomahawk. I would point to what I actually proposed but for some reason my prior posts in this thread are now gone.

But it was not gun control. And did not involve MMM or NRA.

bohdi

imported post

HankT wrote:
No. It's not gun control, Tomahawk. I would point to what I actually proposed but for some reason my prior posts in this thread are now gone.

Ok I'll bite. Please sir, state for me what it was you actually proposed originally as it was removed and/or deleted accidentally and/or maliciously so that people like me who've lost focus of what your trying to say actually is. Additionally I'd like to politely request that you provide your plan of action and when you intend to actually be the flag carrier and initate things.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
HankT wrote:

Ok I'll bite. Please sir, state for me what it was you actually proposed originally as it was removed and/or deleted accidentally and/or maliciously so that people like me who've lost focus of what your trying to say actually is. Additionally I'd like to politely request that you provide your plan of action and when you intend to actually be the flag carrier and initate things.
Good luck with that bohdi, our good buddy Hank refuses to answer questions asked of him. He still hasnt answered my questions from my two previous posts inthis thread

Legba

imported post

I confess that I am very bad about the retention question. My standard carry gear is an Uncle Mikes OWB nylon holster with the snap-buckle unfastened (in fact, tucked into my belt so it won't scratch the gun when I holster it), one in the chamber, safety-off. I have been lucky with just being hyper-aware of my environment (no snatch attempts to date), but I can see how this might be a problem. Still, I prefer to be able to return fire within 1 second, which I can do this way.

-ljp

unrequited

imported post

Only time I'm without retention is with my IWB Crossbreed which arguably has its own tension retention and of course my shirt covering it. If I'm OWB it's my Serpa which at least to my friends who shoot but have never seen a Serpa always takes a minute or two in order to be able to draw easily (if I don't tell them to push the big 'ol button heh). I'd imagine it'd be a little harder to remove from retention from somebody else, but I have no clue.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
bohdi wrote:
HankT wrote:

Good luck with that bohdi, our good buddy Hank refuses to answer questions asked of him. He still hasnt answered my questions from my two previous posts inthis thread

That's not true.

But no one, or very few people seem to want to even know that answers to certain questions that have been asked about me. For example, BobCav even started a whole thread called "Does Hank Actually OC?" Only 19 people even voted in that one. And, for whatever reason, Bob decided to delete the thread last week. (Even though I pretty much answered the question in the thread!)

As far as your question on Page 1:

Reverend73 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Virginians are correct to carry openly...voteisnow: 115 to6 in favor!

So, Hank, since you're so interested in this poll, how did you vote??

For the record, I voted that Virginians are correct to open carry, and I voted if legal, I would open carry (which in fact I do, almost every day).

what is it with your fascination about this subject and my relationship to it? Is this some new revelation requirement for "those who have posted 1000 times" again? :lol:

I hope you don''t start a thread on it like "How Did HankT Vote on the THR thread about open carry?" or something.

Tell you what, Reverend73. Shoot me a PM and I'll tell you how I voted on the THR poll on open carry. No one else here has everasked about that and I'd hate to waste bandwith with the answer. But I'll answer your question via PM.Fair enough?

BTW, I see your thread Pulled over, officer had his piece at the low ready... is back on page 1 of the forum.Seems to me that in it you contradict yourself from what you say above, at least slightly. In that thread you sayyou were concealed carrying when you got stopped. Yet above, yousay you open carry almost every day. Why weren't you OCing that day, when you do it "almost every day?"

And speaking of that thread, you said you were going to make a complaint against the LEO who disarmed you. You said:

"I will be filing a complaint, in person, while open carrying."

Did you ever do that?How did the complaint go?

Legba

imported post

Of course we care. As in all matters, it's a question of "what would HankT do?" ;-/

But seriously, congrats on 1,000 posts without getting hunted down so far. Your counter-surveillance skills are astounding, grasshopper.

-ljp

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Legba wrote:
Of course we care. As in all matters, it's a question of "what would HankT do?" ;-/

But seriously, congrats on 1,000 posts without getting hunted down so far.
Thanks, Legba. 1000 feels good. What's funny is that last night I had 1,078. :D

And as for the "getting hunted down" part, please.... :uhoh::uhoh:

Legba

imported post

No worries - I'm confining my human hunting skillsto my soon-to-be-ex-gf-if-she-doesn't-straighten-her-ass-out. Just kidding... probably. ;-/

-ljp

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:

That's not true.

But no one, or very few people seem to want to even know that answers to certain questions that have been asked about me. For example, BobCav even started a whole thread called "Does Hank Actually OC?" Only 19 people even voted in that one. And, for whatever reason, Bob decided to delete the thread last week. (Even though I pretty much answered the question in the thread!)

As far as your question on Page 1:

Reverend73 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Virginians are correct to carry openly...voteisnow: 115 to6 in favor!

So, Hank, since you're so interested in this poll, how did you vote??

For the record, I voted that Virginians are correct to open carry, and I voted if legal, I would open carry (which in fact I do, almost every day).

what is it with your fascination about this subject and my relationship to it? Is this some new revelation requirement for "those who have posted 1000 times" again? :lol:

I hope you don''t start a thread on it like "How Did HankT Vote on the THR thread about open carry?" or something.

Tell you what, Reverend73. Shoot me a PM and I'll tell you how I voted on the THR poll on open carry. No one else here has everasked about that and I'd hate to waste bandwith with the answer. But I'll answer your question via PM.Fair enough?

BTW, I see your thread Pulled over, officer had his piece at the low ready... is back on page 1 of the forum.Seems to me that in it you contradict yourself from what you say above, at least slightly. In that thread you sayyou were concealed carrying when you got stopped. Yet above, yousay you open carry almost every day. Why weren't you OCing that day, when you do it "almost every day?"

And speaking of that thread, you said you were going to make a complaint against the LEO who disarmed you. You said:

"I will be filing a complaint, in person, while open carrying."

Did you ever do that?How did the complaint go?

I'll answer your questions, no problem and no pm required, even though most don't care.

1. the day I was pulled over I would have been open carrying had it not been a cool winter morning. I was wearing a hoodie and it covered my 1911. Sorry about that.

2. I already gave you a straight answer on this, but I don't mind typing it again. Yes, i did file a complaint, I did not OC as I came from work (I work on a navy base). I did not follow up so I don't know what happened.

See how easy it is to give straight answers. You say you "pretty much answered the question [whether or not you Open Carry] in that thread" How about you just give us all a straight answer one more time.

PM inbound.