• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From OC to CC for me now.

Scheetz

imported post

Well it took 37 days but my CC permit finally showed up from Manassas. Thankfully no mistakes and to boot it made a great Friday mail call.

:monkey

Picture for reference and what I am carrying.

DCP_1665.jpg

holster.jpg

LEO 229

imported post

Scheetz wrote:
Well it took 37 days but my CC permit finally showed up from Manassas. Thankfully no mistakes and to boot it made a great Friday mail call.

I am having a hard time reading your name and address. Can you scan in the document and if possible.. a picture of the SN for your gun?

Oh, Congrats!!! Happy carrying!

Scheetz

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Scheetz wrote:

I am having a hard time reading your name and address. Can you scan in the document and if possible.. a picture of the SN for your gun?

Oh, Congrats!!! Happy carrying!
:lol: Well you can keep looking at that page. All you will find is the Manassas court house address. But if you want to personally run my Serials we can do a full OCDO lunch meet while you are on duty.

6gocg3m-1.gif

LEO 229

imported post

Sorry.. I am required to ask so Citizen does not feel that I am picking on him. :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

That is an odd holster..... Never seen one like that. I go for the simple stuff...

LEO 229

imported post

That is an odd holster..... Never seen one like that. I go for the simple stuff...

vrwmiller

imported post

Congrats on the permit! That's exciting.

Don't abandon OC just because you can now CC. Personally, I find OC more comfortable and less awkward than CC.

VAopencarry

imported post

Congrats! No reason to give up OC though. The title of your thread got my hackles up a bit, I thought you had been hassled by Manassas' Finest and were giving up on OC.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Now you too can OC or CC "indifferently". It's Almost July in Northern Virginia, take that coat off.

Regards

PS - If you have one of those things around you need keep a gun handy at all times.

Scheetz

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
NACHOS!!!!!

Get yourself a Serpa for that USP, you'll love it.

I have been searching for a Serpa that is in stock that isnt carbon fiber covered and along the price of Cheaper Than Dirt.

But I am thinking of getting a leather OWB Galco FLETCH or their concealable one. Some of the clothes I wear do not stretch enough for IWB so I am looking to OWB CC without waiting 4 months for it to show up.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Scheetz wrote:
SNIP Some of the clothes I wear do not stretch enough for IWB ....

Yeah, I had that problem, too. Then I decided to lose weight. :)

SPECIAL NOTE: Not one word, VAopencarry. Not one word. :p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Scheetz wrote:
SNIP Some of the clothes I wear do not stretch enough for IWB ....
Yeah, I had that problem, too. Then I decided to lose weight. :)
Why would you want to give up a solid retention system?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can see I need to add some names to my prohibited comment-er special notes.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Its a fire-extinguisher with an itch! Can't you see straight after 3 1/4 brandies? :)

Tell ya what. Go ahead and cancel that flight plan for tomorrow morning.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Its a fire-extinguisher with an itch!  Can't you see straight after 3 1/4 brandies?  :)

Tell ya what.  Go ahead and cancel that flight plan for tomorrow morning.

Well the damn thing won't hold still.:what:

Last time I saw something like that and went flying, it turned out to be a Gremlin. Walked away but could not reuse the airplane.

Attachments

• Birnbaum.JPG
    Birnbaum.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 303