• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From OC to CC for me now.

blk

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Just what the hell is this thing anyway?
6gocg3m-1.gif
I thought it was some one from the Million Mad Monkey March Meeting in the public library when the exposed guns and cameras showed up?!?

IanB

imported post

Scheetz wrote:
I have been searching for a Serpa that is in stock that isnt carbon fiber covered and along the price of Cheaper Than Dirt.

But I am thinking of getting a leather OWB Galco FLETCH or their concealable one. Some of the clothes I wear do not stretch enough for IWB so I am looking to OWB CC without waiting 4 months for it to show up.

Mine (full sized USP) arrived in two weeks. This isn't a cheap holster, and neither is the Fletch (which I own as well). If you want a cheap holster then by all means use CTD. But, if you don't want to waste money and buy the RIGHT holster the FIRST time, get the Serpa. I don't know of ANYONE here on OCDO that will tell you NOT to get that Serpa. It's worth the money AND the wait.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=410509BK-R

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
I certainly hope the OP knows what that thing is and gets back here to TELL ME!!:banghead:

Its a two-legged fire-hydrant with a chigger bite.

Now lay off the brandy, kiss your wife, and go to bed. :) And don't go near anything capable of heavier-than-air flight tomorrow.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
I certainly hope the OP knows what that thing is and gets back here to TELL ME!!:banghead:

Its a two-legged fire-hydrant with a chigger bite. 

Now lay off the brandy, kiss your wife, and go to bed.  :)  And don't go near anything capable of heavier-than-air flight tomorrow.

Well you have to admit it looks like a ground hog in a clown suit.:what:

Freakiest thing I've seen since I left work.

Tomahawk

imported post

Reminds me of that movie Bladerunner with Harrison Ford. There's a scene in which Darrel Hannah, who plays an android, goes to the apartment of the engineer who designed her, and finds a lonely man surrounded by little "friend" robots he made as, pets, sort of. Creepy little creatures. And that thing looks like one.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Reminds me of that movie Bladerunner with Harrison Ford. There's a scene in which Darrel Hannah, who plays an android, goes to the apartment of the engineer who designed her, and finds a lonely man surrounded by little "friend" robots he made as, pets, sort of. Creepy little creatures. And that thing looks like one.

Well, that or the little elephant like thing in Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg's office in the Bruce Willis film The Fifth Element.

It has been suggested that I may have insulted someone's child. If that is the case I am truly sorry, but come on. I like kids as much as the next guy, but this one could win the big money on Americas Funniest Videos. And any parent that would dress their kind like that and post the pics on the internet HAS to have a sense of humor. Even my wife thinks it is likely a dog in some kind of suit. Just look at the feet.:what:

Regards

vrwmiller

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
It has been suggested that I may have insulted someone's child. If that is the case I am truly sorry, but come on. I like kids as much as the next guy, but this one could win the big money on Americas Funniest Videos. And any parent that would dress their kind like that and post the pics on the internet HAS to have a sense of humor. Even my wife thinks it is likely a dog in some kind of suit. Just look at the feet.

The make-up on the face reminds me of Ronald McDonald. I am not convinced that this photo is not a photoshop job.

Scheetz

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Scheetz wrote:
SNIP Some of the clothes I wear do not stretch enough for IWB ....
Yeah, I had that problem, too. Then I decided to lose weight. :)

SPECIAL NOTE: Not one word, VAopencarry. Not one word. :p
:lol: I am already 179, I cant cut much more weight than that. I just like wearing tight fitting clothes. Grew out of the baggy stuff, kinda attracts the wrong crowd of women...

Hawkflyer wrote:
:uhoh: You have never seen one before? It is a little .......OH LOOK ITS JACKIE CHAN!!!!!

jackie.jpg

Scheetz

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Scheetz wrote:
I have been searching for a Serpa that is in stock that isnt carbon fiber covered and along the price of Cheaper Than Dirt.

But I am thinking of getting a leather OWB Galco FLETCH or their concealable one. Some of the clothes I wear do not stretch enough for IWB so I am looking to OWB CC without waiting 4 months for it to show up.

Mine (full sized USP) arrived in two weeks. This isn't a cheap holster, and neither is the Fletch (which I own as well). If you want a cheap holster then by all means use CTD. But, if you don't want to waste money and buy the RIGHT holster the FIRST time, get the Serpa. I don't know of ANYONE here on OCDO that will tell you NOT to get that Serpa. It's worth the money AND the wait.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=410509BK%2DR

Damn this forum setup. I have replied to this 3 times now and every time it deletes my reply.

Ok, lets try again. I do want a Serpa, just saying that CheaperThanDirt.com has them for $10 less than everyone else. Not a hole in my wallet kicking out an extra $10 just figured I could get another box of 40 S&W for the week.

What is the opinion on the Fletch? I have wanted a leather OWB because it fits my dress attire better than a plastic/kydex holster would.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
...SNIP
The make-up on the face reminds me of Ronald McDonald.  I am not convinced that this photo is not a photoshop job.

Well it is sure as H--- not normal what ever it is. you may be right, but my money is still on the Ground Hog.

Damn... If that thing shows up in a dream tonight, I'm suing. If a pair of pants is worth $50M, dreaming about that has got to be worth a fortune.

Regards

Scheetz

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
It has been suggested that I may have insulted someone's child. If that is the case I am truly sorry, but come on. I like kids as much as the next guy, but this one could win the big money on Americas Funniest Videos. And any parent that would dress their kind like that and post the pics on the internet HAS to have a sense of humor. Even my wife thinks it is likely a dog in some kind of suit. Just look at the feet.

The make-up on the face reminds me of Ronald McDonald. I am not convinced that this photo is not a photoshop job.

Well its definitly a photoshop job, because that is Ronald's face. But I have no idea what the creature/person/dog is that they used.

vrwmiller

imported post

Scheetz wrote:
What is the opinion on the Fletch? I have wanted a leather OWB because it fits my dress attire better than a plastic/kydex holster would.

My Glaco Fletch is very comfortable. Good for OC or CC. I love it.

woohoo! Up to 300 posts now! Yay me! (Sorry, don't want to distract from the original post)

Scheetz

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Scheetz wrote:

Well thats good to know. Am I wrong to understand that the Galco Concealable is the same as the Fletch just without a thumb break?

Damn, I love the Havanna brown color.

To thumb break or not, that is the question. Time for me to run a search.

vrwmiller

imported post

Scheetz wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
Scheetz wrote:

Well thats good to know. Am I wrong to understand that the Galco Concealable is the same as the Fletch just without a thumb break?

Damn, I love the Havanna brown color.

To thumb break or not, that is the question. Time for me to run a search.

No, you're not wrong to understand the concealable is the same as the fletch w/o the thumb break. As far as I know, they are the same holster with the only difference being the thumb break.

Black is better, IMO. The black goes with other clothing color better than the brown does :D

I prefer the thumb break holster, more specifically for OC because it makes it tougher for the BG to get the firearm from you. Additionally, I usually have some portion of my forearm or hand touching the holster at all times. This way, I am more readily able to elbow the offender in the face for attempting to pull my firearm from me.

My wife almost got an elbow to the face the other night when I was reading and she reached for my pistol. Upon the slightest movement I felt on the holster, I immediately sprung to action. She was suprised.

IanB

imported post

Scheetz wrot
The Fletch is nice, but has one problem:

The thumb strap. To use it your hammer must either be fully cocked (thumb strap in front of hammer) or the hammer must be fully down (thumb break rides over the hammer). And by hammer "fully down" I don't mean the "half cock" position it sets into when you decock it. You would have to commit a safety violation and (with a live round in the pipe) release the hammer (with your thumb aka Jack Bauer decock) to the full down stop while squeezing the trigger and disengaging the safeties. Only other solution is to carry in condition three and dry fire before holstering, thereby releasing the hammer to full stop.

sitedzn

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Scheetz wrot
The Fletch is nice, but has one problem:

The thumb strap. To use it your hammer must either be fully cocked (thumb strap in front of hammer) or the hammer must be fully down (thumb break rides over the hammer). And by hammer "fully down" I don't mean the "half cock" position it sets into when you decock it. You would have to commit a safety violation and (with a live round in the pipe) release the hammer (with your thumb aka Jack Bauer decock) to the full down stop while squeezing the trigger and disengaging the safeties. Only other solution is to carry in condition three and dry fire before holstering, thereby releasing the hammer to full stop.
so what's the problem with cocked and locked? i do it all the time with my 1911. with the thumb break in front of the hammer, you now have up to 4 measures of safety while holstered (thumb safety, grip safety, "thumb break safety", and the trigger is covered). however, it does tend to freak people out when they see the hammer cocked.:shock: still, it's no different than my M&P with one chambered - except the visible hammer.