• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not sure if Dulles Town Center is anti-gun....

vrwmiller

imported post

I work near Dulles Town Center and I recently bought a new suit that needs some tailoring. So, I took my suit to a tailor in the mall. I OC'd while in the mall with my family. I entered via JC Penney and noticed not signage forbidding the carry of firearms.

We walked from JC Penney to one end of the mall and then back again. Went over to the Ben & Jerry's at the food court and had some ice cream, then proceeded back out JC Penney to leave.

While I was in the mall, it appeared that only 2 - 3 mall patrons noticed the firearm. 2 - 3 other store employees also noticed.

Thought I'd pass on the, apparently, positive mall experience in case others had wondered the same. This was the first time I had actually OC'd in a mall such as this.

EDIT: To insert forgotten word, probably makes it easier to understand now:)

bohdi

imported post

Haven't had the chance to yet but I prefer DTC to Fair Oaks. U me and Naked should start meeting up for ice cream socials and blow my diet to hell.

vrwmiller

imported post

bohdi wrote:
Haven't had the chance to yet but I prefer DTC to Fair Oaks. U me and Naked should start meeting up for ice cream socials and blow my diet to hell.

I'm good at that. I am of a robust size. I know plenty of places to blow diets at. I am open to an ice cream social

:celebrate

LEO 229

imported post

Citizen wrote:
If they sell cookies, you won't have any trouble getting Hawkflyer to make up a foursome. :)

We did Milwaukee's Custard today.... Been a while since I went to cold stone at the Fair Oaks Mall

admiral

imported post

Had the sheep call 911 on me there. A few weeks later, I was talking to on of the deputies there about the incident and he went and got ado/don't flyer. Haven't been back since.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
bohdi wrote:

I'm good at that.  I am of a robust size.  I know plenty of places to blow diets at.  I am open to an ice cream social

:celebrate

How is it that every time I see one of your posts you are always eating ice cream?:lol::celebrate

Regards

vrwmiller

imported post

AbNo wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
Went over to the Ben & Jerry's at the food court and had some ice cream, then proceeded back out JC Penney to leave.

Wait, I thought B&J's was on the NRA's "Evil Companies" list. :lol:
It is certainly on VCDL's gun unfriendly list.

This Ben & Jerries in Dulles Town Center is really a kiosk in the center of the food court. Just a large Kiosk :D

vrwmiller

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
B&J was a large contributer to HCI, and now Brady. For years they have been contributing to anti-rights causes.

Regards
Won't be spending anymore money on them then...thanks for the heads up

savery

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Well, I know Ben & Jerry's was/is giving money to some of the same idiot groups that Starbucks does....

Exactly.:banghead:

Why won't these stupid companies stop donating money to this or that cause - I think that they'd pull in more business if they didn't piss off half their potential customers.

Tomahawk

imported post

savery wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Well, I know Ben & Jerry's was/is giving money to some of the same idiot groups that Starbucks does....

Why won't these stupid companies stop donating money to this or that cause - I think that they'd pull in more business if they didn't piss off half their potential customers.
Well, Ben and Jerry's was started by a couple of lefty/hippie types, and they have to maintain their lefty image Iguess, even as they make a pile of money selling ice cream like any good capitalist...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

savery wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
AbNo wrote:

They figure what you don't know won't cost them a dime in sales. Moreover, most people do not shop based on their politics. If the kids want ice cream, and B&J's is the closest place ... Well you get the picture.

Regards

LEO 229

imported post

Ben and Jerry's supports convicted cop killers.

This has been known for some time. I refuse to purchase their products.