• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny little story

sjhipple

imported post

I had a funny thing happen when I tried to buy ammo the other day at Wal-Mart. I was open carryingand talking to anothercustomer (who wasn't carrying)about target shooting by the ammo counter. The girl behind the counter says rather loudly to the other guy: "hey, he's carrying a gun right now. Is that legal???" Neither of us batted and eye and said, "uh-huh" and continued talking. She interrupts us again: "do you have a permit?" The other guy says no and I say, "yes, it's called the 2nd Ammendment."

By the end of the conversation, she seemed more comfortable with the idea. That's the entire reason I carry: to educate people

LEO 229

imported post

Gotta love it when a stranger speaks up on your behalf... Right Cit.. izen...??

Permit to do what exactly?? :)

SBD

imported post

Stupid. How is it that you work in the guns/ammo department and have no idea about the laws in your state?

(the proverbial "you," of course)

Tomahawk

imported post

SBD wrote:
Stupid. How is it that you work in the guns/ammo department and have no idea about the laws in your state?

Dude he works at WalMart. He's not exactly splittin' the atom in his spare time.
weed1.gif

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SBD wrote:

Dude he works at WalMart. He's not exactly splittin' the atom in his spare time.
weed1.gif
Oh, I am so stealing that smiley! See if you can find it!