• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry lunch/gathering at IKEA

gregma

imported post

Well, I think it went very well! Although there were not that many people there, only 6. No problems, not really any startes at all, and since it was just a cafeteria, we had to get our own drinks. That meant each of us getting up 3 or 4 or 5 times to refill.

I just noticed one young guy look and roll his eyes and shake his head as he walked by. Don't think anyone else noticed. I just smiled at him. Probably doesn't understand why we don't hide our firearms in shame like we should.

All and all, a great time was had by all!

compmanio365

imported post

Never saw that guy....oh well, he was probably really surprised when instead of jumping up and blowing him away, you *gasp* SMILED at him!!!!! :shock::shock::shock: Who knew gun owners could be nice people too?

Mortech

imported post

I wanted to be there but I had a previous commitment to take the wife up to her favorite yarn shoppe in Silverdale , which was OK because I went pawnshop hopping while she was there and found my self a NIB S&W 1066 .

gregma

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Never saw that guy....oh well, he was probably really surprised when instead of jumping up and blowing him away, you *gasp* SMILED at him!!!!! :shock::shock::shock: Who knew gun owners could be nice people too?
From his mannerisms, dress, appearance, I'd say he was either a CCW'er who was upset that we don't hide our firearms in shame like the good armed sheeple we should be... Or was a LEO that hates to see the public armed but knows there is nothing he can do about it (yet).

If I had to guess, it would be the second. I thought it was funny myself!

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

gregma wrote:
From his mannerisms, dress, appearance, I'd say he was either a CCW'er who was upset that we don't hide our firearms in shame like the good armed sheeple we should be... Or was a LEO that hates to see the public armed but knows there is nothing ...

Yeah, another gun owner who thinks OC is "showing off"

I'm discovering that other GUN OWNERS are the OC'ers biggest enemy. Sad, but true.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Yeah, another gun owner who thinks OC is "showing off"

I'm discovering that other GUN OWNERS are the OC'ers biggest enemy. Sad, but true.

I'm beginning to believe that more and more. I've gotten more flack from other gun owners than most other people.