• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great time in Lynwood and Bellevue OC'ing

gregma

imported post

After the meeting, I met up with Lonnie at the Lynwood WalMart to lend him my video camera. I was going to just head with the wife to get something to eat, but as we were on the way to the car, she decides she wants to get some "stuff".

Well, we spent about an hour in the WalMart. Didn't have a single problem the entire time. I don't think anyone really even noticed, or if they did, nothing was said. We even beeped heading out the front door (a sensor tag was left on an article of clothing). I just handed the receipt to the "greeter", we found the tag, and we were on our way in short order.

Then it was off to have dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Lynwood. Again, nothing to report. Just a nice dinner at a great price.

Finally to Bellevue and to the Wild Birds Unlimited to get some birdfeed. Spent about 45 minutes in there looking, chatting with the owner (yes, she kept glancing on my right hip, but nothing was said about it. Only friendly conversation about birds). After buying WAY too much, we left without incident.

Sorry I don't have anything exciting to report. :)

xpun8

imported post

Gregma wrote:
Finally to Bellevue and to the Wild Birds Unlimited to get some birdfeed. Spent about 45 minutes in there looking, chatting with the owner (yes, she kept glancing on my right hip, but nothing was said about it. Only friendly conversation about birds). After buying WAY too much, we left without incident.
Glad to hear you had an uneventful time. Didn't you see the news special that said all sorts of birds are dying because of a bacteria they are getting while using bird feeder and bird baths? :D You probably wash it with deluted bleach every day like the recommended, right? JK Darn squirells busted the second one since March here.

gregma

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
Gregma wrote:
Glad to hear you had an uneventful time. Didn't you see the news special that said all sorts of birds are dying because of a bacteria they are getting while using bird feeder and bird baths? :D You probably wash it with deluted bleach every day like the recommended, right? JK Darn squirells busted the second one since March here.
LOL! Now if only the danged SQUIRRELS would catch that danged bacteria!! In fact the reason I was at Wild Birds Unlimited was to buy some "cages" to go over my tube feeders to keep the danged squirrels at bay. So far so good, and it was quite comical watching them try to get past the "cages". A good afternoons entertainment!

expvideo

imported post

Later on that evening I was at Walmart in everett (hwy 99) and some guy made a comment about how when he OC'd in walmart they made him leave. I directed him to this forum, and let him know that whoever asked him to leave didn't know their policy. I just thought it was neat that the only person that approached me to ask about it wasn't someone concerned, just another person that OCs :D Good to know they're out here.

That reminds me, I ran into a guy that was OCing at the QFC in mukilteo... funny thing was I almost always OC at that store, but it was the one time this month that I wasn't. Anyways, I didn't chat too much with him, but apparently he's on these forums and packing.org, so maybe he'll jump in and say hi.

So that's my new thing: running into people that OC randomly. I like it. I wish it was a more common occurance.