• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oops!

SIGarmed229

imported post

Hey everyone, Missed yall but have been absent for a while due to problems with the wife. I'de rather not get into details but needless to say it sucks. She's back at her moms in MD and i'm fine in Va. I'm young so i'll get over it but not many 21 years olds have been through divorce, lol. Anyways, its great to be back and i'll probably be here more often than usual for a good while. Good to see yall again!

1st freedom

imported post

you seem in good spirits SIG :lol:

I did the divorce thing at 21, sucks at 41 too!

Ya know,,, you think we would learn :banghead:

Third times a charm ,,, right !!?? :question:

I'll let you know how it turns out,,,,

Welcome back :celebrate.

LEO 229

imported post

Sorry to hear about your situation....

They say divorce is more likely to happen with less than 4 years of marriage.

I was always told not to get hitched till I was at least 26 and I waited till 29.You need time to see the world and all it has to offer before you get a ball and chain.

Best of luck to you...

DeerForce1

imported post

Just make sure you learn from it & be smarter than my father in law. He's been married 5 times:shock:but only to 3 women:what:.

Good luck i hope everything works out for the best.................................................DF1

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey buddy, welcome back. Hang in there. I was married for 18 and knew it was wrong in the first year. Just stuck with it for the kids and that was the worst thing to do. Divorced three years ago, met my soulmateand we're happily married 14 months now! You never know what's in store for you!

72Malibu

imported post

I got hitched at 23, sometimes I wish I would have waited longer and other times I'm glad I didn't.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a good friend in Cali who's 23 and going through a divorce right now. It's been rough on him, but his spirits weren't as high as yours are. Hope you're able to maintain that. My friend went through a rollercoaster, but his ex didn't help either with being indecisive about what she wanted.

LEO 229

imported post

AbNo wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I was always told not to get hitched till I was at least 26 and I waited till 29.

Really? Crap, I've only got another year, then. :lol:

Your a smart one to wait....

And buy as many guns and other toys BEFORE you have kids. So many of my co-workers wonder why I have so many cool toys and they don't. NO KIDS!!! Yet.. :p

Divorce rates are higher for those who marry young since they are still discovering themselves and seeing the world. Remember.. when you split.... if she hates you.. she will take half your guns too.

I have been on a few calls where the wife hid all the guns when separation was put on the table. The hubby would get so pissed too. Understandably.

But.... Nothing I can do about it. Equal ownership.

Hint.. Buy a safe and keep the combo to yourself.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SIGarmed229 wrote:
Hey everyone, Missed yall but have been absent for a while due to problems with the wife. I'de rather not get into details but needless to say it sucks. She's back at her moms in MD and i'm fine in Va. I'm young so i'll get over it but not many 21 years olds have been through divorce, lol. Anyways, its great to be back and i'll probably be here more often than usual for a good while. Good to see yall again!

Sorry to hear it. Sorry also because it's not just two of you affected, but three.

(Course, I'm the one who believes marriages should be like enlistment contracts - four years with the OPTION to renew :celebrate And my first husband said we'd give it 50 years, then re-evaluate to see if it was working. Then he met someone else four months later.)

I hope all works out for the best for all of you.

LEO 229

imported post

Tess wrote:
Sorry to hear it. Sorry also because it's not just two of you affected, but three.

(Course, I'm the one who believes marriages should be like enlistment contracts - four years with the OPTION to renew :celebrate)

I hope all works out for the best for all of you.
I like it....

My wife said we have a 50 year contract.

I have another 41 years to go...... ;)

Four years would have been better... Trade in for a newer model you know....

But... she does let me buy expensive guns so I am gonna keep her a while longer.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You got a deal. I got life. Sometimes it's:cuss:. Sometimes it's more like:banghead:. But most of the time it's :celebrate. We did manage to avoid producing any :monkey

So 30 years in and I ain't looking back.:lol:

Regards

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
You got a deal. I got life. Sometimes it's. Sometimes it's more like. But most of the time it's . We did manage to avoid producing any

So 30 years in and I ain't looking back.:lol:

Regards
Oh ya!!

Many younger married couples cannot work through their problems and think it will be easier to divorce. My wife and I get into it at times. But I am mature enough to work past the problem and find a solution. Does not help that I thinkI am always right. Cause I am... ;)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
...SNIP
Oh ya!!

Many younger married couples cannot work through their problems and think it will be easier to divorce. My wife and I get into it at times. But I am mature enough to work past the problem and find a solution. Does not help that I think I am always right. Cause I am... ;)

I think your advice to marry later is very good. I married at 27, and that was after we were engaged for 2 years, and had dated for 2 before that. By the time we took vows, we were both fairly certain of what we were doing. But the most important thing for us was that we truly committed to keeping those vows.

Besides, I am not stupid enough to think that I could EVER find another woman that would put up with me. And I am smart enough to keep the good one I have.:lol:

Regards

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
I think your advice to marry later is very good. I married at 27, and that was after we were engaged for 2 years, and had dated for 2 before that. By the time we took vows, we were both fairly certain of what we were doing. But the most important thing for us was that we truly committed to keeping those vows.

Besides, I am not stupid enough to think that I could EVER find another woman that would put up with me. And I am smart enough to keep the good one I have.:lol:

Regards

So true!!! Any woman that let's me spend the money I do on guns and can put up with me.... I have to ask "What is wrong with you!!" Then I think.. It must be love....

We lived together for a year before I popped the question.... That is important too I think... Many date and then marry never knowing with it is going to be like living with this person.

Snoring, cleanliness, how they act while at home.... You better know what they are like before you get locked in on the 4, 50 or lifetime contract.