• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Lunch/Gathering for 7/21/07

just_a_car

imported post

gregma wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
I like the idea of doing it on the waterfront. We have two other options besides the restaurants mentioned. One of the docks has a snack bar with the usual hotdogs and hamburgers and will allow us to sit outside with the public. The other option is for everyone to bring their own burgers, hot dogs, or kabobs and I’ll bring my little weber grille, again, sitting out in the open.

I will be bringing my video camera.
I like the snack bar idea! And more out in the open to boot. A picnic :)
+1!

2007 Washington Open-Carry Summer Picnic!!!

Perhaps make it annual? *grin*

compmanio365

imported post

Hey, that sounds like a good idea, either get something at the stand or bring your own BBQ :D

And a video camera is a good idea.....

Once we know exactly where things are at, give directions/address and what to bring, etc.......

Drewesque

imported post

Y'know, as long as you're bringing it down to Tacoma, this sounds like the sort of thing I might find a way to adjust my work schedule for. Heck, I may even rope a friend or two into coming along if I can find people to trade shifts with.

The open open carry meeting seems fun.

gregma

imported post

Ok, it sounds settled. Now, exactly where is this snackbar? Does it have an address? If so, I'll post a googlemap link and make the formal announcement.

Also, is there opportunity for things like kite flying, frisbee flying, stuff like that?

Mainsail

imported post

The snack bar is located in front of the Les Davis Pier. The web page has a link to a map. It’s easy to get there. I5 to 705, follow the signs to the Shuster Parkway, follow the signs to Ruston Way. You can even go fishing there if you want. Yes, there's plenty of room for frisbees and kites.

map218.gif

ldsjohn

imported post

how far away from vancouver is this? I mostly go south not norht so I havn't ventured far enough into my home state to know where you people are talking about

just_a_car

imported post

ldsjohn wrote:
how far away from vancouver is this? I mostly go south not norht so I havn't ventured far enough into my home state to know where you people are talking about
You're looking at about 135 miles North to Tacoma.

This is to a massage parlor on the waterfront there, but mapquest required that I choose an ending "location" rather than just a street: http://tinyurl.com/2vj8sz

That will at least give you an idea of where it is with the map provided.

gregma

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
ldsjohn wrote:
You're looking at about 135 miles North to Tacoma.

This is to a massage parlor on the waterfront there, but mapquest required that I choose an ending "location" rather than just a street: http://tinyurl.com/2vj8sz

That will at least give you an idea of where it is with the map provided.
If you go to the link I provided, it is set to the exact location of the event. Then you can just do a "get directions to here" to get the exact mileage and directions.

Thanks!
Greg

gregma

imported post

ldsjohn wrote:
okay thats a 2 hour drive, but I might do it since I havn't been up there before..

but this thread seams to have 2 different locations brewing?
Just one place. Tacoma by the snack stand. Hope to see you there!

ldsjohn

imported post

so just_a_car is talking about August? and you( gregma ) are talking about Jully 21st?

and anyone from the PDX or vancouver area that wants to carpool?

just_a_car

imported post

ldsjohn wrote:
so just_a_car is talking about August? and you( gregma ) are talking about Jully 21st?

No, no, no... Sorry for the confusion. The reason I used the "massage parlor" was because I could see where the location was on the map, but mapquest wouldn't let me identify "firemans park" (I guess it doesn't know it exists or something), so I tried to pick a location that was nearby the park indicated by gregma so that you could get a general idea of distance and drive time and the general area of where the meet will be.

As gregma mentioned, his link is much more accurate than mine, so I'll give a whirl at making it a clickable link *grin*:

http://tinyurl.com/2h9xhtClickable Link

...dangit. Darn thing won't accept my code and for some reason the darn link button has disappeared from my menu selection (it's been gone for a while now).

joeroket

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
ldsjohn wrote:

No, no, no... Sorry for the confusion. The reason I used the "massage parlor" was because I could see where the location was on the map, but mapquest wouldn't let me identify "firemans park" (I guess it doesn't know it exists or something), so I tried to pick a location that was nearby the park indicated by gregma so that you could get a general idea of distance and drive time and the general area of where the meet will be.

As gregma mentioned, his link is much more accurate than mine, so I'll give a whirl at making it a clickable link *grin*: [url]http://tinyurl.com/2h9xht[/b]]http://tinyurl.com/2h9xht[/url]

...dangit. Darn thing won't accept my code and for some reason the darn link button has disappeared from my menu selection (it's been gone for a while now).

http://tinyurl.com/2h9xht

There ya go.

gregma

imported post

joeroket wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
ldsjohn wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2h9xht

There ya go.
Ok, spill it. How did you get that to work?? :)

joeroket

imported post

I am not really sure. It took me a couple of times to get the url tag to take right. I do know that these forums are a little goofy in the sense of picking up on where text was pasted from.

I wish could tell you exactly what the difference between my post and your post was but I can't. Sometimes it's just PFM.

just_a_car

imported post

Yeah ldsjohn, that's how I did it. I've been modding HTML and playing with C++, Visual Basic, and the like since 1996. I did everything I could to debug it using the preview function, but nothing got it to work correctly. I sent a message to jpierce (Admin) about it, but essentially got the 'check out this site for how to use IMG-code and the website usually auto-detects URLs and makes them links.'... but I knew that already. *shrug*

expvideo wrote:
I'm confused. So are we meeting in Tacoma in July or August?
July 21st is in Tacoma, on the waterfront.