• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Lunch/Gathering for 7/21/07

Jered

imported post

What about west?

I feel so forgotten. J/k. If I want to go, it looks like I'll have to take a ferry.

gregma

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Hey, can you use tinyurl.com for that long link please? It's breaking the page.

How about the Tacoma Waterfront next time around?
TinyURL'd.

That sounds good to me. Gotta come up with a place there though. Mainsail??

compmanio365

imported post

Oh, so Mainsail is the only guy who lives in Tacoma, eh? :p

So are we set on Factoria then and we are considering Tacoma for next time after that, or this next time for Tacoma? I'm confused......:?

gregma

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Oh, so Mainsail is the only guy who lives in Tacoma, eh? :p

So are we set on Factoria then and we are considering Tacoma for next time after that, or this next time for Tacoma? I'm confused......:?
Looks like it's going to be Tacoma next month. Due to the recent activities in Tacoma. Ok, Mr. Tacoma expert...;)

What's a good place near the waterfront?

Mainsail

imported post

Jered wrote:
I'm on the other side of the bridge. Argh! Tolls! :banghead:

Tolls? What bridge are you crossing?

There are several choices along the Ruston Way waterfront, although they all tend to be pricey. There’s a Ram, Duke's Chowder House, CI Shenanigans, Anthony's Harbor Lights, Lobster Shop, Katie Downs, and a couple more if I’m not mistaken. I think Katie Downs might not be usable, I’m pretty sure they’re posted 21 and older.

gregma

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Jered wrote:

There are several choices along the Ruston Way waterfront, although they all tend to be pricey. There’s a Ram, Duke's Chowder House, CI Shenanigans, Anthony's Harbor Lights, Lobster Shop, Katie Downs, and a couple more if I’m not mistaken. I think Katie Downs might not be usable, I’m pretty sure they’re posted 21 and older.
Personally I would fee uncomortable even with a pub, or brewery. Even if it had a section for under 21. What's the Chowder house like?

just_a_car

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
Anyone from PDX attend the meeting? I would be interested in carpooling.

Ken
Furthest south last time was Tacoma, but only 4 members showed last time, two with significant others.

If you want to try to convince some Portlanders to come up and join us, I'm sure we'd all love to have you, but you probably will have better luck finding them in the Oregon forums, rather than the Washington forums.

kparker

imported post

Katie Downs is most definitely 21 and over only.

The other are mostly more expensive (at least for the area) though I've never been to Chowder House.

Jered

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Jered wrote:

The Narrows. Fortunately, they don't start for a while, yet.

compmanio365

imported post

There is a great pizza place called Trackside Pizza.....unfortunately it is in Puyallup's jurisdiction, not Tacoma's.......however there is a Rock Wood Fired Pizza in Tacoma somewhere that the wife and I were going to try one night, and they didn't seem too expensive, but very busy......

Mainsail

imported post

I like the idea of doing it on the waterfront. We have two other options besides the restaurants mentioned. One of the docks has a snack bar with the usual hotdogs and hamburgers and will allow us to sit outside with the public. The other option is for everyone to bring their own burgers, hot dogs, or kabobs and I’ll bring my little weber grille, again, sitting out in the open.

I will be bringing my video camera.

gregma

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
I like the idea of doing it on the waterfront. We have two other options besides the restaurants mentioned. One of the docks has a snack bar with the usual hotdogs and hamburgers and will allow us to sit outside with the public. The other option is for everyone to bring their own burgers, hot dogs, or kabobs and I’ll bring my little weber grille, again, sitting out in the open.

I will be bringing my video camera.
I like the snack bar idea! And more out in the open to boot. A picnic :)