• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

holster

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Hard question to answer. Your preferences will be the deciding factor.
Particularly in material, color, cant, height(ride), etc.

The main thing is to get something with retention (level II or III) as most concealed holsters are open top w/no retention other than friction.
In most circumstances it would be wise to have some sort of active retention on an OC rig, at least a thumbstrap.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Patriot is right, it is a lot upto preference, I have a Smith and Wesson SW9VE that I carry every day, I use a Fobus HK-1 Holster, the GL-4 also works with the 'v' only.

It is very comfortable to me, and the gun never flops around at all.

I have also used nylon/kydex IWB and OWB holster, I do like them, but would prefer a paddle holster over them.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I wonder if it was a defective Fobus holster. That's what I use every dayandit is very comfortable. It seems to be more sturdy than that video depicts, but I have to admit it does have me wondering. Can't say I'm going to try it on my holster though, since I don't have any desire to waste my $30.