• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC get togethers in NEPA. Interest?

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I'm assuming "NE" is for "Northeast"... Being from the Lehigh Valley, it's a bit of a drive up to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area, but I would be up for OC events pending their location.

Yes, North East.

Good to hear. I'm just south-east of Wilkes-Barre. So if we get enough interest that is weighted towards the Lehigh valley we could certainly hold the meets that way or between...
I hope we get a few people interested.

imperialism2024

imported post

I haven't OCed yet, mainly because I don't have a LTCF yet that would let me carry in a car, so I would rather not be loading and unloading my Ruger .44 from my trunk whenever I get in and out of the vehicle. But I'm planning on getting a non-res license soon anyhow.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I haven't OCed yet, mainly because I don't have a LTCF yet that would let me carry in a car, so I would rather not be loading and unloading my Ruger .44 from my trunk whenever I get in and out of the vehicle. But I'm planning on getting a non-res license soon anyhow.

Well, if we have a OC meet-up OC will not be required to attend.
:)

SIGShooter

imported post

Hello Mr. Patriot.

I'm all for it! Let me know when and where. Oh yes this is my GT handle. You know me as CQB on PAFOA.

A.K.A Dave.

I'll catch up with you sometime this week.

ne1

imported post

Pick a nice venue (I'd prefer something closer to Hazleton) and, if I have not blown my gasoline budget for the month :cry:, I just might find my way there- even ifit meansbeing "bunched up in the corner".

Skuggi

imported post

hehe, it's not gunsmith it's place of service, Pa. Patriot could be doing a clean and safety check when ya get there :)

imperialism2024 wrote:
Still interested in attending, even though I won't be able to legally transport my gun for purposes of OC unless the get together involves going to a target range or gunsmith...

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

Skuggi wrote:
hehe, it's not gunsmith it's place of service, Pa. Patriot could be doing a clean and safety check when ya get there :)

Better yet is that I am a licensed gunsmith :D

Sorry for not keeping up folks. I know I instigated this thread.... Seems that my day-job decided to change things up last month and I have been extremely busy with that and the rest of life...
If someone wants to suggest a place lets set a date. I can either make it or I won't. We'll do more :)