• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starting small

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tazlima wrote:
Update:
Open carried in the front yard on Sunday while doing yardwork. It was hot so I was wearing jean shorts, a sports bra, a gun, and a mag pouch. Apparently that's as open as open can get, because EVERYBODY noticed the weapon.
Well,we have a real unicorn here -the elusive female OC'er! Great job on your efforts to demystify OC. Keep it up and we might adopt you as a Virginian!

TrueBrit

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Tazlima wrote:
Update:
Open carried in the front yard on Sunday while doing yardwork. It was hot so I was wearing jean shorts, a sports bra, a gun, and a mag pouch. Apparently that's as open as open can get, because EVERYBODY noticed the weapon.
Well,we have a real unicorn here -the elusive female OC'er! Great job on your efforts to demystify OC. Keep it up and we might adopt you as a Virginian!

Excuse the tardy post, just got back from my old feller's funeral in England.

Bob, grab her quickly for Virginia, because the men of the Bluegrass State feel that she belongs in the state of fast horses and beautiful ladies!

Welcome to OCDO, Madam, and beware the silver tongued devils of the Old Dominion! Tess is an OK gal, not too sure about some of the guys!;)

TrueBrit.

CrashVector

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Tazlima wrote:
Update:

My wife open carries all the time :)

About the stethescope comment: I can often be seen wearing scrubs, a stethescope AND a gun....yes...I'm in medicine. My P99's nickname is "Morphine". One shot and they're out.

Corny, I know..but hey...*I* thought it was funny.

Legba

imported post

TrueBrit: Your old feller's funeral??? Sorry to be tasteless on the subject of someone's death, but I had thought that "old fella" was Brit slang for one's prick... had to wonder.

-ljp

TrueBrit

imported post

Legba wrote:
TrueBrit: Your old feller's funeral??? Sorry to be tasteless on the subject of someone's death, but I had thought that "old fella" was Brit slang for one's prick... had to wonder.

Used to be so, but hardly used as such nowadays. Father did indeed fall off his perch, sadly, but the wake was first class, attended by family, friends, and horsemen from America,Ireland, Germany and England.Many and varied were the toasts with which wecelebrated him, and the whole deal was exactly what he would have enjoyed!

No worries about being tasteless, mate, good that you know a little bit of Brit slang.

TrueBrit.

charlie12

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Tazlima wrote:
Update:

Wearing a sport bra in New Orleans doesn't alway meanthat the person is a female. :DBut I'm sure Tazlima is female

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I base this assessment on anecdotal evidence from local gun folks, particularly the man who conducted the NRA gun safety course I attended to get my CCW (who I consider highly intelligent and very well-informed) and the staff and regulars at the range I frequent. I bow to their assessment of the situation because when note-worthy incidents of this sort occur, they are much more likely to hear about them then I am. Where better to go and tell your story and get sympathy from like-minded individuals then the range?

After seeing the stuff I've seen here in Washington, I cannot believe most gun store owners and employees anymore. You cannot trust anecdotes like that.