Thread: Defend your neighbors,,, lose your job !

Post imported post

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...78250725.shtml

Tell me this don't piss you off.

To bad he wasn,t in the country illeagally, then the ACLU might help him out, you know they wont touch a 2 Amendment issue

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Wow, corporate scum-bags of the highest order.

Post imported post

And in this country we have the right to do what now...???

Post imported post

I may be in the minority in this, but my thoughts.

He knew the rules of the company he was working for. He continued to work there knowing the rules. He chose to break the rules. He needs to deal with the consequences of that decision.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

... But he lives there. This was not official company biz from the sounds of it.

Post imported post

It all depends on the contract he signed with his employer. If he didn't sign something saying that he was bound to the terms of his contract when he was in the apartment they provided as a part of his job, then they are in the wrong.

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    I may be in the minority in this, but my thoughts.

He knew the rules of the company he was working for. He continued to work there knowing the rules. He chose to break the rules. He needs to deal with the consequences of that decision.
    I would hope you are the minority given your "zero tolerance" opinion.

Just like "zero tolerance" laws punish the wrong people, the nature of a "life & death" situation does not allow for arm-chair-quarterbacking.. If you witness a horrific car accident and stop to help as a "good samaritan" and in the course of helping, the person dies or is further injured, the "good samaritan" is shielded from liability IN MANY STATES under good samaritan laws.

If you witness a car accident with a small fire underway, you would HOPEFULLY rush to their aid, and if you had a fire extinguisher, you would bring that!

It's not different to rush to someone's aid carrying a gun if IT'S A FRIGGIN SHOOTING.

Only a coward or a liberal would remain in their apartment and call 911 and "let the professionals handle it"

This is the problem with our country.. If a lawyer witnesses a car accident, he's not stopping as a good samaritan, he's trying to drum up business.

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    It all depends on the contract he signed with his employer. If he didn't sign something saying that he was bound to the terms of his contract when he was in the apartment they provided as a part of his job, then they are in the wrong.
    This incident happened at approximately 2 AM. I don't know what employer you work for, but mine has NO say in what I do after hours, contract or not.

By extension of your reasoning, if he signed a contract that contained a "no weapons" clause, and they provided him an apartment, then he would not even be allowed to possess a firearm in his private dwelling.

Contract law or Constitutional law...Which one trumps?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I heard this guy's story tonight on Cam & Co. on the Sirius Patriot Channel 144. He sounded intelligent and coherent and extremely dismayed at the corporate reaction. He has a HUGE wrongful termination lawsuit ahead and he already has job offers.

Post imported post

Just a hypothetical, but I bet if there was no shotgun involved this guy wouldn't have lost his job just for not instantly reporting to his superiors and all that. It's all about the evil gun. Just my guess.

Post imported post

I once lived in a complex with a no weapons policy. I don't live there anymore.

ProguninTN

Post imported post

Truly ridiculous. What would the former employers be saying if the guy ran over to the injured woman unarmed, looked at her, and then left to call them without doing anything to help?

Post imported post

http://www.villagegreen.com/mailform...5/navID/65.htm

Here is a link to complain to the company. I and many others at http://ohioccwforums.orghave sent complaints.