Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asked To Leave IHOP In Clovis.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

All the details can be found at the link to SigForum.

Please - be certain you read the entire thread so you understand what happened.

The situation is being solved - itis NOT IHOP POLICY to prohibit customers carrying firearms.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...35/m/430105259

Steve Aikens

Clovis, NM.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

The most amazing thing about that thread is that in 3 pages not one single numb-nut bashed your OC-ing! :what:

I need to hang at Sig-forums more often

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Anyone bashing my right to carry how ever I choose under the law would not like my response, much like the district manager didn't like my response, and much like the so-called manager at that IHOP that asked me to leave witll most certainly not like the response she's getting.

On SigForum, we simply don't do that junk.

Post imported post

After the Tony's Pizza OC incident earlier this year where 7 VCDL members were mistreated by the Manassas PD, VCDL took action with a large number of us testiying at the Manassas City Public Hearing about the Manassas City Police Dept's gross lack of professionalism and knowledge of open carry in eating establishments in Virginia. Afterward about 20 of us went to the IHOP near the Manassas City limits and had no problems with the IHOP staff. Most of us were open carrying at IHOP and the staff gave us good service. After the second Manassas Hearing, again VCDL members went to the same IHOP and had another good OC experience.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The letter you wrote is flat out awesome, it could almost be the model letter for such situations.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Despite the fact that we've had our disagreements, I read the thread. Good job, you kicked ass and took names.

Post imported post

Please let us know here at OCDO how the meet with the franchisee went. Thanks.

Post imported post

Hegot a good reply from I-Hop. It's on the other forum.

State Researcher

Post imported post

oops

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

SemperGumby wrote:
    Sorry. For obvious reasons, it's not practical for me to post the details of this issue everywhere it's being addressed.

I posted the link to the full details - which are being updated on the SigForum. If you want the complete story, that's where you'll find it. Is there some reason you don't think you can click on the link and read it there?

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote:
    SemperGumby wrote:
    Sorry. For obvious reasons, it's not practical for me to post the details of this issue everywhere it's being addressed.

I posted the link to the full details - which are being updated on the SigForum. If you want the complete story, that's where you'll find it. Is there some reason you don't think you can click on the link and read it there?
    Some folksmight beaccessing this site from a work locationthat may have blocked sites with obvious firearm related names.

Mine used to.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Post imported post

I guess in this world of cut and paste I didn't think it was a big deal if you were already posting over here. I did go over to the Sig forum and read your posts but I don't frequent that forum and wanted to make sure I heard the conclusion of your IHOP woes.:P

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote:

Practical enough to field comments from multiple boards, but not practical enough to actually particpate in other boards' discussions... : (

I don't own a sig, and don't feel comfortable there, but if you'd be willing to post it on xdtalk.com I'd gladly follow the discussion there if you don't feel like updating this one. > )
    -Unrequited

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    steveaikens wrote:

Practical enough to field comments from multiple boards, but not practical enough to actually particpate in other boards' discussions... : (

I was courteous enough to advise you of the thread because it concerns open carry. If that's not good enough for you guys - no problem - it won't happen again.

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote:
    SemperGumby wrote:

Well...,after i'm done with this diet my wife put me onI'll gladly visit and OC my local IHOP:celebrate. But 'em Bast**ds are pricy to me.

But what won't I do for the Purpose of Freedom

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote:
    I was courteous enough to advise you of the thread because it concerns open carry. If that's not good enough for you guys - no problem - it won't happen again.
    : (

I love the website that you started btw, and used it for my trip down to Orlando extensively to print out stuff before I left... I just meant it'd be nice if you stuck around here instead of having the users here have to chase you back to the sig board (and register if they wanted to comment or ask questions). No offense was meant, hopefully none was taken.
    -Unrequited

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote
    Steve, you letting a comment from one poster affect your decisions?

Even I gave you kudos. Keep all of us informed.

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote:
    Don't let one person's sour grapes prevent you from spreading the word. It is greatly appreciated.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

There has been a change in management at the IHOP in Clovis.....

Details are here:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums?a=tpc...1089#159101089

State Researcher

Post imported post

Awesome!

Post imported post

steveaikens wrote:
    There has been a change in management at the IHOP in Clovis.....

Details are here:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums?a=tpc...1089#159101089
    I am having trouble getting connected to this site. Anyone else having troubles?

Post imported post

None of the links in this thread seem to work, and even though I searched for 'IHOP' and 'Clovis' I am not seeing anything.

Help?

Post imported post

I can't get the links to work either

~~Springfield

Post imported post

Same here.. I cannot find this thread.

Post imported post

If someone could re-post the information here, I would be much obliged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast