• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked To Leave IHOP In Clovis.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Anyone bashing my right to carry how ever I choose under the law would not like my response, much like the district manager didn't like my response, and much like the so-called manager at that IHOP that asked me to leave witll most certainly not like the response she's getting.

On SigForum, we simply don't do that junk.

mlands

imported post

After the Tony's Pizza OC incident earlier this year where 7 VCDL members were mistreated by the Manassas PD, VCDL took action with a large number of us testiying at the Manassas City Public Hearing about the Manassas City Police Dept's gross lack of professionalism and knowledge of open carry in eating establishments in Virginia. Afterward about 20 of us went to the IHOP near the Manassas City limits and had no problems with the IHOP staff. Most of us were open carrying at IHOP and the staff gave us good service. After the second Manassas Hearing, again VCDL members went to the same IHOP and had another good OC experience.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The letter you wrote is flat out awesome, it could almost be the model letter for such situations.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
imported post

SemperGumby wrote:
Please let us know here at OCDO how the meet with the franchisee went. Thanks.

Sorry. For obvious reasons, it's not practical for me to post the details of this issue everywhere it's being addressed.

I posted the link to the full details - which are being updated on the SigForum. If you want the complete story, that's where you'll find it. Is there some reason you don't think you can click on the link and read it there?

Shovelhead

imported post

steveaikens wrote:
SemperGumby wrote:

Sorry. For obvious reasons, it's not practical for me to post the details of this issue everywhere it's being addressed.

I posted the link to the full details - which are being updated on the SigForum. If you want the complete story, that's where you'll find it. Is there some reason you don't think you can click on the link and read it there?

Some folksmight beaccessing this site from a work locationthat may have blocked sites with obvious firearm related names. :cuss:

Mine used to.

Vermont0311

imported post

I guess in this world of cut and paste I didn't think it was a big deal if you were already posting over here. I did go over to the Sig forum and read your posts but I don't frequent that forum and wanted to make sure I heard the conclusion of your IHOP woes.:p

unrequited

imported post

steveaikens wrote:

Practical enough to field comments from multiple boards, but not practical enough to actually particpate in other boards' discussions... : (

I don't own a sig, and don't feel comfortable there, but if you'd be willing to post it on xdtalk.com I'd gladly follow the discussion there if you don't feel like updating this one. > )

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
imported post

unrequited wrote:
steveaikens wrote:

Practical enough to field comments from multiple boards, but not practical enough to actually particpate in other boards' discussions... : (

I was courteous enough to advise you of the thread because it concerns open carry. If that's not good enough for you guys - no problem - it won't happen again.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

steveaikens wrote:
SemperGumby wrote:

Well...,after i'm done with this diet my wife put me on:cuss:I'll gladly visit and OC my local IHOP:celebrate. But 'em Bast**ds are pricy to me.

But what won't I do for the Purpose of Freedom

unrequited

imported post

steveaikens wrote:
I was courteous enough to advise you of the thread because it concerns open carry. If that's not good enough for you guys - no problem - it won't happen again.

: (

I love the website that you started btw, and used it for my trip down to Orlando extensively to print out stuff before I left... I just meant it'd be nice if you stuck around here instead of having the users here have to chase you back to the sig board (and register if they wanted to comment or ask questions). No offense was meant, hopefully none was taken.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

steveaikens wrote
Steve, you letting a comment from one poster affect your decisions?

Even I gave you kudos. Keep all of us informed.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

steveaikens wrote:
Don't let one person's sour grapes prevent you from spreading the word. It is greatly appreciated.