• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawsuits against employers who disarm thier employees

gregma

imported post

Does anyone have, or can point to, any data or any circumstances where an employee has successfully sued an employer because they were not allowed to arm themselves and they were injured or killed?

This opposed to any successful lawsuits against employers who have been sued because they allowed employees to arm themselves and someone was injured and killed because of that.

I'd like to try and change my employers attitude about allowing those of us who wish to carry while at work. Currently, of course, "for our safety" we are disarmed. Many say that it's because of liability reasons. Any stats to back that up? any stats to refute that?

Thanks for the help!