• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB1045 Missouri OpenCarry

Kelly J

imported post

I’m not sure if everyone here is aware that HB1045 did not pass and will not be brought up again until next year, as the Congressional Session is overfor this year.

I asked my Representative to inform me when the open carry bill HB1045 would again be read or reintroduced.Below is the Text of the bill that was introduced.

FIRST REGULAR SESSION

[size=HOUSE BILL NO. 1045]

[size=94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY]

[line]

[size=INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE TILLEY.]

[size=]Read 1st time March 1, 2007 and copies ordered printed.

[size=D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk]

[size=2361L.01I]

[line]

[size=AN ACT]

[size=To repeal section 21.750, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to firearm ordinances.]

[line]

[size=[i]Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:[/i]]

[size=]Section A. Section 21.750, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 21.750, to read as follows:

[size=]21.750. 1. The general assembly hereby occupies and preempts the entire field of legislation touching in any way firearms, components, ammunition and supplies to the complete exclusion of any order, ordinance or regulation by any political subdivision of this state. Any existing or future orders, ordinances or regulations in this field are hereby and shall be null and void except as provided in subsection 3 of this section.

[size=]2. No county, city, town, village, municipality, or other political subdivision of this state shall adopt any order, ordinance or regulation concerning in any way the sale, purchase, purchase delay, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permit, registration, taxation other than sales and compensating use taxes or other controls on firearms, components, ammunition, and supplies except as provided in subsection 3 of this section.

[size=]3. Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of [sections 571.010 to 571.070] chapter 571, RSMo, with appropriate penalty provisions[, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction].

[size=]4. The lawful design, marketing, manufacture, distribution, or sale of firearms or ammunition to the public is not an abnormally dangerous activity and does not constitute a public or private nuisance.

[size=]5. No county, city, town, village or any other political subdivision nor the state shall bring suit or have any right to recover against any firearms or ammunition manufacturer, trade association or dealer for damages, abatement or injunctive relief resulting from or relating to the lawful design, manufacture, marketing, distribution, or sale of firearms or ammunition to the public. This subsection shall apply to any suit pending as of October 12, 2003, as well as any suit which may be brought in the future. Provided, however, that nothing in this section shall restrict the rights of individual citizens to recover for injury or death caused by the negligent or defective design or manufacture of firearms or ammunition.

[size=]6. Nothing in this section shall prevent the state, a county, city, town, village or any other political subdivision from bringing an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or dealer for breach of contract or warranty as to firearms or ammunition purchased by the state or such political subdivision.

[size=•]