• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think I am going to buy stock in Taser inc.

mzbk2l

imported post

Wow! What an idiot. This guy thinks he should be allowed to ride his bike on a freeway access road to the airport, then the wrong way on a one-way street, AND he should be able to challenge the police on it, AND he should be able to decide when his traffic stop is over.

He shoulda been tazed just for terminal stupidity.

He had at least two or three opportunities to walk away from that stop with no further interaction, and instead he chose to continue provoking a police officer, when he was in the wrong in the first place! I hope they throw his @ss in the klink when he goes to court.

unrequited

imported post

I'd like to see video of this stop, because like he does say, it should be covered by a bagillion cameras. Too bad they can't find the tapes and all we have to go on is his one-sided story, and the other one-sided testimony of cops through his briefs...

CPerdue

imported post

Um, I read it that he was riding the correct direction - the cop told him to ride the wrong way.

This incident revolves arond precisely the kind of misbehavior by the police that OCers encounter periodically. It was an illegal Terry stop, no matter there wasn't a gun involved.

I OC while riding all the time :D

vrwmiller

imported post

CPerdue wrote:
I OC while riding all the time

While riding a motorcycle or bicycle? I OC all the time when I ride my bicycle. The only time I did not carry was when I went to the Manassas Airport terminal. My son and I rode our bicycles up there.

1st freedom

imported post

The widow could be the real winner in this one,

Wrongful death suit,,, no divorce proceedings,,, gets to keep the house,,, insurance payout,,, no ex-husband,,,,

CPerdue

imported post

Bicycle ... and slowly enough that even fat, lazy dogs could catch me :?. If Fido ever does draw blood then there will surely be a carcass available for rabies testing.

Is Manassas one of the 'restricted' terminals? Warrenton? I know Roanoke is, which others are?

Meathook

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
Wow! What an idiot. This guy thinks he should be allowed to ride his bike on a freeway access road to the airport, then the wrong way on a one-way street, AND he should be able to challenge the police on it, AND he should be able to decide when his traffic stop is over.

He shoulda been tazed just for terminal stupidity.

He had at least two or three opportunities to walk away from that stop with no further interaction, and instead he chose to continue provoking a police officer, when he was in the wrong in the first place! I hope they throw his @ss in the klink when he goes to court.
I saw an blog on this from someone who lived in the area and the signs at that the police took pictures of have nothing to do with where the guy was.

Regardless.

People die from being tazered it is not something that should be done indiscriminately. There were obviously two officers there and an unarmed man and not a big man at that. No knife, no club, no gun, no threats. Oh and now no video. Go figure. :X

mzbk2l

imported post

Meathook, I agree that the taser is waaaayyyyy overused, and that there probably wasn't a reason to use it in this case, either.

Still, just about anyone who's ever even been pulled over for a speeding ticket knows that your attitude can have a large influence on the outcome of the encounter.

This guy handled the entire thing as though he had rocks in his head instead of brains. If I was that cop, I'd be thinking this guy was too stupid to be trusted on a bicycle in traffic - he certainly wasn't showing any brains thoughout the encounter.

Hence my comment that he should be tased simply for terminal stupidity.

Come to think of it, tasing might be a good drug test. Nearly every person who has died after being tased has had at least one, and usually several drugs in their systems. Most healthy people have no trouble with it whatsoever. Tase 'em all.... if they die, we save the cost of incarceration! :D

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
Most healthy people have no trouble with it whatsoever. Tase 'em all.... if they die, we save the cost of incarceration! :D

Mind if you go first?

:lol:

I want to get one of the new C2 models. I think it might possibly be a good SD tool. Taser International is going for the broad market with that one. I may get one for my mom. I swear, the look like old Star Trek phasers:

c2_03_logo.jpg

mzbk2l

imported post

I have no problem going first. I've been hit with most other types of stun guns. I've been in the gas chamber in the military. I'm interested in the effect - interested enough to try it out, anyway. :)

Meathook

imported post

I had a beagle (had to put him down in January after 13 years :cry: ) who for a while had an issue with chasing deer. So I bought him a shock collar and being either a good owner or stupid (probably the later) I decided to try it on myself so I knew what it would do to the dog before I put it on him.

It has 5 settings. 1 and 2 were no big deal. 3 was a bit uncomfortable. 4 and 5 were no fun at all.:what: I can't imagine what a tazer would be like. Hope never to find out.

HankT

State Researcher