• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats the worst that could happen???

PatriotAr15

imported post

Barring any extreme cases....
Whats the worst thing that could happen, legally, in a police hassling regarding OC?

Let's say I goto a store and some ignorant out-of-staters happen to call the cops on me, whats the worst that could happen???

molonlabetn

imported post

PatriotAr15 wrote:
Whats the worst thing that could happen, legally, in a police hassling regarding OC?

Let's say I goto a store and some ignorant out-of-stater's happen to call the cops on me, whats the worst that could happen???

He could shoot you. Then it would be a one-sided story in which he could attest you "reached for your waistband"... then you'd be remembered as a BG.

More realistically, I suppose the LEO might try to disarm and arrest you, falsely, forcing you to hire a lawyer to defend you in front of a judge... and then file the lawsuit against the department.

Just throwing that out there... butstate-specifically, others would know better.

Shovelhead

gregma

imported post

PatriotAr15 wrote:

Let's say I goto a store and some ignorant out-of-staters happen to call the cops on me, whats the worst that could happen???
The *worst* that could happen is you could be shot and killed.

The *best* that could happen and what SHOULD happen IMHO is...

911: 911, what is your emergency?
IC (Ignorant caller): There's a guy with a gun in Walmart!
911: What is he doing with the gun? Is he waving it around? Is he threatening anyone?
IC: No, he has it in a holster on his body.
911: If it comes out of the holster, give us another call. <click>

:)

And:

IC: Officer, there is a guy over there with a gun!
LEO: Where?
IC: Over there *pointing*
LEO: I don't see anyone with a gun.
IC: It's on his hip there. See?
LEO: Just so as long as it remains in his holster, he's not breaking any laws.

Of course neither will ever be likely to happen.

Kingfish

imported post

gregma wrote:
PatriotAr15 wrote:

911: What is he doing with the gun? Is he waving it around? Is he threatening anyone?

And:

Um, you do know you are replying in the Wyoming section right? I imagine both of your scenario would be spot on.

One of the reasons we are wanting to move to Wyoming...Not that Tennessee is bad at all for OCing.

gregma

imported post

kingfish wrote:
gregma wrote:
PatriotAr15 wrote:

And:

Um, you do know you are replying in the Wyoming section right? I imagine both of your scenario would be spot on.

One of the reasons we are wanting to move to Wyoming...Not that Tennessee is bad at all for OCing.
If that's the case, then I'm envious!!

Mjolnir

imported post

Depends on what part of the state you are in.

Some places nothing & others the LEO's are dispatched to FI you.

When I got reported for OC (1911 in a blade tech belt holster) in at a truck stop getting diesel the Sheriff came out, drove around me & parked, watched me fill the truck & I waved at him as I drove off & he waved back.

Kingfish

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Depends on what part of the state you are in.

Some places nothing & others the LEO's are dispatched to FI you.

When I got reported for OC (1911 in a blade tech belt holster) in at a truck stop getting diesel the Sheriff came out, drove around me & parked, watched me fill the truck & I waved at him as I drove off & he waved back.

How do you know you were reported?

Mjolnir

imported post

kingfish wrote:
How do you know you were reported?
That's easy, a car pulled in next to me with mass plates on it & a female driver. She stopped really quick, pulled out a cell phone & after talking backed up and went to the far part of the truck stop and parked & nobody got out of the car.

Not long after the sheriff pulled in the car moved to a open pump as far from me as possible.

Lew

imported post

MASS?? For crying out loud. Never seen one in the cowboy state. Of course, that's the only way yer gonna get trouble.

ParaWarthog

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
That's easy, a car pulled in next to me with mass plates on it & a female driver. She stopped really quick, pulled out a cell phone & after talking backed up and went to the far part of the truck stop and parked & nobody got out of the car.

She should stay in Massachusetts if she wants to enjoy the false sense of safety those people enjoy with their Draconian anti gun laws. She wasted valuable LEO time by reporting legal activity.

I just spent a week OC'ing in Lander, Wyoming, and had no issues whatsoever. I even spoke with a few gun rights supporters just like myself. Great experience as always in the Cowboy State.

vermonter

imported post

I live in Vermont. Our state has no carry restrictions. We have lots of Mass plates coming here. We call them Massh oles!

Mopsey

imported post

I don't think I've heard a call about "man with a gun" in the past few years but it's usually in the summer when all the tourists are around and shock with how we celebrate the 2nd.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I run into 'em here...the 'snowbirds'.... even a few Europeans. The Euro's think OC is GREAT! I've even had 'em ask if I'd have my pix taken with 'em (several times). Germans 'n Brits usually... but also a French woman who was thrilled. (Maybe it's the moustache...?) The worst are the New Yorkers... the 'Manhatten' types. They physically recoil at the sight of a gun... 'near as bad as the Californians.

Gunslinger

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I run into 'em here...the 'snowbirds'.... even a few Europeans. The Euro's think OC is GREAT! I've even had 'em ask if I'd have my pix taken with 'em (several times). Germans 'n Brits usually... but also a French woman who was thrilled. (Maybe it's the moustache...?) The worst are the New Yorkers... the 'Manhatten' types. They physically recoil at the sight of a gun... 'near as bad as the Californians.
Kind of like a sheep recoils at the sight of a wolf.