• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA/MD/DC Meetup & Picnic this Saturday 6/23

Where To Have The Picnic?

• Ellanor C. Lawrence Park (Chantilly)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pohick Bay Regional Park

• Lake Accotink

• Burke Lake

• Nottoway Park(Vienna)

• Riverbend Park (Great Falls)

• Potomac Overlook Park( Arlington)

• Bluemont Park (Arlington)

• PWC Park TBD

• Other

• Total voters

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

savery wrote:
I'm too new to the area to know where any of these are.  let me know if i'm welcome and where yall choose

You are very welcome. Any of the places we are discussing can be found on the web, but directions will follow the selection of the location.

Regards

savery

imported post

Thanks guys. I'm in Loudon, so I'll come once I have date/time info. Ill also bring whatever is needed - chips, salsa, meat, ice, you name it, i'll do it

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I'll bring a bunch of 2-liter Cokes and Mountain Dews, good?

This is Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday 10:30. I'll put you down for the soda. Thanks!

Also, it might be a good idea to get a head count to help us plan on how much food to buy/bring. PM Longwatch or me with how many will be coming with you and we'll add youto the list. If you want to remain anonymous, just let us know.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'm going to call it in favor of Burke Lake at this point. Official start time will be at 1030 on Sat the 23rd until whenever. I'll be there rain or shine. I'm going with 9 people at this point. I'm sure more will come so everybody try to bring enough or at least something. As BobCav said, please PM me so I'll have an idea of a head count if you want to remain anonymous.

unrequited

imported post

tentatively yes for me. there might be a last minute thing with the g/f because her best friend is in town. mark me down for potato salad if I can get to a supermarket that morning, or worst case scenario more soda from 7-11 on the way. Who's inviting the MMM? I'd like cookies. > )

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey bring the G/F and her friend! I'm very happily married to a sexy hot Brazilian with two college degrees that speaks 5 languages and is as smart as she is beautiful, so I'm good. But I'm sure we'll have a few single guys there....if not, we will now!

unrequited

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hey bring the G/F and her friend! I'm very happily married to a sexy hot Brazilian with two college degrees that speaks 5 languages and is as smart as she is beautiful, so I'm good. But I'm sure we'll have a few single guys there....if not, we will now!

G/f only trusts me with a gun 'cause she knows me, and isn't to keen on OC/CC in general, and the friend is one of the sweetest Bloomburg-raised Long Island-ers you'd ever meet. Not that you would 'cause I doubt she'd ever go heh. I CC'ed all night at a dinner to welcome them here, and about 2 hours into it, after sitting on the floor, my shirt rode up over my XD. That was a fun conversation *snicker*.

...on second read... you are bringing the wife, right? <wink>

IanB

imported post

longwatch wrote:
As BobCav said, please PM me so I'll have an idea of a head count if you want to remain anonymous.
Put me on the list, but I want to remain anonymous. Don't let anyone know I'm coming, especially MMM. I don't have a grill, but won't there be grills in the park? Should someone close do recon tomorrow? I'm 10 miles from the LZ.

Stuff I'm bringing:
Baked beans (yes, MORE beans)
Ice
24 cans o'Coke
Water
I think I have a styrofoam cooler somewhere here.

Do we really need 20 bowls of potato salad?

Tomahawk

imported post

I pass it on the way home from work. Can do a hasty recon if you want.

This is a big park; better decide which area to meet at. I know that as soon as you enter you have to choose left or right, and you can drive quite a distance in either direction.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I was figuring on the picnic area if you turn right. There are grills but in my experience they work best if you bring your own grate or grill.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unrequited wrote:
BobCav wrote:

G/f only trusts me with a gun 'cause she knows me, and isn't to keen on OC/CC in general, and the friend is one of the sweetest Bloomburg-raised Long Island-ers you'd ever meet. Not that you would 'cause I doubt she'd ever go heh. I CC'ed all night at a dinner to welcome them here, and about 2 hours into it, after sitting on the floor, my shirt rode up over my XD. That was a fun conversation *snicker*.

...on second read... you are bringing the wife, right? <wink>
Yeah, and my .45! She's the best reason I can think of to Open Carry!

LOL...smartass! hahaha....

Listen us Jersey guys know ALL about Long Island girls... It was ALWAYS worth the trip!

AbNo

imported post

Depends on how tired I am, and how my Jeep is acting after a second, more thorough clutch bleed.

I'd be heading from H'burg/Staunton, so I'd have plenty of time to bring things.

I'd stop home and bring my XD, but she` needs a new slide, due to SOMEONE at SA choosing to put a cheap finish on the pre-2006 models.. :cry:

Hope to get it sent off as soon as my buddy's Taurus 92FS comes back.

Though I do have a Mosin Nagant sitting in the corner right now (buddy's new purchase...). I can just spear them with the bayonet.

From the other room. :lol: