Thread: 4-Position 1911 Holster

Post imported post

I've been tryingfor a while now tofind a crossdraw holster for a 1911 that has reasonable retention for OC. In my internet searches I came across this leather holster for under $40. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=137411It LOOKSjust like what I want andis well within my price range,but I'm still unsure about buying something that I can't test and feelthe quality offirst.

If anyone has had any personal experience with one of theseholsters or just has an opinion about it, the input would be much appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

What's the point of the lower left picture'ed carry? Looks like an ridiculously exaggerated FBI cant.

**edit** clicking the website lists it as an FBI cant... who could possibly draw safely and quickly from that position? **edit**
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    I've been tryingfor a while now tofind a crossdraw holster for a 1911 that has reasonable retention for OC. In my internet searches I came across this leather holster for under $40. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=137411It LOOKSjust like what I want andis well within my price range,but I'm still unsure about buying something that I can't test and feelthe quality offirst.

If anyone has had any personal experience with one of theseholsters or just has an opinion about it, the input would be much appreciated.

It's a Bad holster and VERY wiggly.

I was VERY excited to see this holster @ Cabelas and a VERY good price ($39.99).

However VERY disappointed when I went there and tried it on

Post imported post

Thanks very much.

Any recommendations?

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    Thanks very much.

Any recommendations?
    Leather? I dunno... plastic? Definitely the Blackhawk Serpa CQC... but there are lots of threads about that particular one already.
    -Unrequited

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I've been using a DeSantis thumbreak holster for a few years that can be used FBI cant or crossdraw. I've been really happy with it.

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    What's the point of the lower left picture'ed carry? Looks like an ridiculously exaggerated FBI cant.

**edit** clicking the website lists it as an FBI cant... who could possibly draw safely and quickly from that position? **edit**
    If worn a bit farther back than pictured, that cant is actually okay. I have been known to CC at about that cant. It also looks more severe than it is. Look at the angle the belt is riding in that picture. If it were more level, the cant would look alright.

I will admit, though, that it seems odd to see a belt holster at that cant. Normally IWB is the only way to get that, and most people don't even like it then. Wear it just behind the point of the hip, though, and it's a decent draw.

Post imported post

Check out www.epsaddlery.com

Top quality stuff at a great price. The current wait is about 8 weeks, but considering what your getting, its well worth it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes, I'll second El Paso Saddlery...they make quality stuff!

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)