• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4-Position 1911 Holster

VApatriot

imported post

I've been tryingfor a while now tofind a crossdraw holster for a 1911 that has reasonable retention for OC. In my internet searches I came across this leather holster for under $40. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=137411It LOOKS:uhoh:just like what I want andis well within my price range,but I'm still unsure about buying something that I can't test and feelthe quality offirst.

If anyone has had any personal experience with one of theseholsters or just has an opinion about it, the input would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• holster.bmp
    202.2 KB · Views: 3,907

unrequited

imported post

What's the point of the lower left picture'ed carry? Looks like an ridiculously exaggerated FBI cant.

**edit** clicking the website lists it as an FBI cant... who could possibly draw safely and quickly from that position? **edit**

UTOC-45-44

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I've been tryingfor a while now tofind a crossdraw holster for a 1911 that has reasonable retention for OC. In my internet searches I came across this leather holster for under $40. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=137411It LOOKS:uhoh:just like what I want andis well within my price range,but I'm still unsure about buying something that I can't test and feelthe quality offirst.

If anyone has had any personal experience with one of theseholsters or just has an opinion about it, the input would be much appreciated.

It's a Bad holster and VERY wiggly.

I was VERY excited to see this holster @ Cabelas and a VERY good price ($39.99).

However VERY disappointed when I went there and tried it on

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I've been using a DeSantis thumbreak holster for a few years that can be used FBI cant or crossdraw. I've been really happy with it.

Drewesque

imported post

unrequited wrote:
What's the point of the lower left picture'ed carry? Looks like an ridiculously exaggerated FBI cant.

**edit** clicking the website lists it as an FBI cant... who could possibly draw safely and quickly from that position? **edit**

If worn a bit farther back than pictured, that cant is actually okay. I have been known to CC at about that cant. It also looks more severe than it is. Look at the angle the belt is riding in that picture. If it were more level, the cant would look alright.

I will admit, though, that it seems odd to see a belt holster at that cant. Normally IWB is the only way to get that, and most people don't even like it then. Wear it just behind the point of the hip, though, and it's a decent draw.