Thread: Weapon training - Hannah style!

State Researcher

Post imported post

My six year old daughter came to me with a couple squirt guns to "shoot badguys". We start shooting and she is going "Bangbangbangbangbangbang" and basically spraying and praying.

Cool! I get to do some teaching. :celebrateI teach herto be sure of her target and what is behind it. I teach her to have a proper grip and stance and to use her sights. We practice yelling "STOP or I'll shoot!" in a commanding voice. She learns that if the badguy isobeying your commandsor backing away - he is not a threat so you can't shoot him (very important). We practice keeping the threat covered while keeping our finger of the triggerand tokeep a lookout for other threats. We practice shooting center mass and the very important difference between concealment and cover and how to use both.

Quality time at it's best.

By the way, while I was typing this she was "practicing karate" and kicking the crap out of a cardboard box "badguy". :P

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

LEO231 in 15 years?

Be on the lookout for LEO230, it's 229's evil twin.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
    My six year old daughter came to me with a couple squirt guns to "shoot badguys". We start shooting and she is going "Bangbangbangbangbangbang" and basically spraying and praying.

Cool! I get to do some teaching. :celebrateI teach herto be sure of her target and what is behind it. I teach her to have a proper grip and stance and to use her sights. We practice yelling "STOP or I'll shoot!" in a commanding voice. She learns that if the badguy isobeying your commandsor backing away - he is not a threat so you can't shoot him (very important). We practice keeping the threat covered while keeping our finger of the triggerand tokeep a lookout for other threats. We practice shooting center mass and the very important difference between concealment and cover and how to use both.

Quality time at it's best.

By the way, while I was typing this she was "practicing karate" and kicking the crap out of a cardboard box "badguy". :P

LoveMyCountry

There are 'sights' on a squirt gun?

I agree in taking every opportunity to pass down 'skills', however, the first time she plays with the neighborhood kids, Im reasonably certain she will revert to her previous 'spray and pray' method. There is little honor among theives- especially wielding loaded squirtguns.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Hello all,

This was my 4yo first trip to the range, Memorial Day Weekend I feel that there is no way to kid-proof (all) guns, so you must gun-proof your kids.

She's shooting an M-16 with a 22lr kit.

[quote author=luckypunk link=topic=330.msg2473#msg2473 date=1180307055]
    Little Annie Okaleys first day at the range

learning the 4 rules

Dad showing her how it's done

She's taking aim at the can, with orders to fire at will

Inspecting her shot. low-center mass. Not bad, but she promises to work on her "mozambique"

Hamming it up for the camera

Post imported post

That is the most adorable thing ever...

...I didn't know they made .22lr kits for such an evil rifle, that's kind of hillarious. > )
    -Unrequited