• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New definition of lazy: eating an MRE at your desk because you don't want to get up

LEO 229

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Hmm, I never heated my MRE's.

I always saved the heaters for making bottle bombs.

I also got in a lot of trouble during a field training exercise for that. Apparently, CO2 bombs aren't allowed in simulated hostile-fire training exercises. :lol:
Did not know you could make them...... Damn!!

AbNo

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
AbNo wrote:

I also got in a lot of trouble during a field training exercise for that. Apparently, CO2 bombs aren't allowed in simulated hostile-fire training exercises. :lol:
Did not know you could make them......  Damn!!

My other favorite was "She's dead! Why can't I use her as cover?"

Lthrnck

imported post

Well it was 1974, I was with my platoon at Parris Island and we had just finished a 15 mile force march. The DI's where passing out C-Rats for everone to eat. We were scarfing them down, and I was finally finished. Was relaxing a bit, one of the few times you had to relax in Marine boot camp was during chow time.

Well I flipped the can of pork and beans I just ate over.... and the date was July 19, 1956.... LOL.... that was the day they were packed... that was also my birthday.... so they were only 18 years old by the time I ate them... OOOOORAAAHHHHHH>>>!!!!!

cs9c1

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
AbNo wrote:

Did not know you could make them...... Damn!!
I was in a Field Artillery unit several years ago, and during a long field exercises we happened to be set up near a porta potty (we were so happy). Well one guy thought it would be funny to drop an MRE bomb into the porta potty and ended blowing crap all over the interior of it. He almostlost his life for that.

LEO 229

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
I was in a Field Artillery unit several years ago, and during a long field exercises we happened to be set up near a porta potty (we were so happy). Well one guy thought it would be funny to drop an MRE bomb into the porta potty and ended blowing crap all over the interior of it. He almostlost his life for that.

Did you order the Code Red!!!??? I want the TRUTH!!!

cs9c1

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
cs9c1 wrote:

Did you order the Code Red!!!??? I want the TRUTH!!!
It was very close to that LOL. I mad as hell, I mean damn, there are just some things you don't mess with, and after several weeks of cat holes a porta potty was like Paradise.