Thread: Tidewater OC picknic

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ok, now that NOVA has set the standard for OC picnics, we in Tidewater need to have one. Since this is our 1 year anniversary for our OC dinners, and we discussed this at our last dinner, lets make it happen. Theres a couple parks I am familiar with, First Landing State Park and Mt. Trashmore. I've never been to Mt Trashmore, so I dont know what facilities it has. I know First Landing has facilities, but I've heard you cannot OC in a state park, I'm looking for the specific statute, but I haven't found it as yet. So lets set a date in July 14 or 21 would work for me. Lets do this.

Start throwing out your ideas and suggestions.

Can a moderator please fix my spelling of picnic in my title, I'm an idiot

Post imported post

I prefer a picnic at a beach, but I'm down for whatever.

Post imported post

You might have to rent your own helicopter.

ccloud43

Post imported post

Mt Trashmore would be good. It has covered areas by the lake, some swings and stuff for the kiddies. I know they have a couple of vollyball courts and maybe some horseshoe pits but im not 100% sure about the horseshoes.

ZoomZoom, channel 10 has a helo, maybe we can make the news..

Desertdoc

Post imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
    Ok, now that NOVA has set the standard for OC picnics, we in Tidewater need to have one. Since this is our 1 year anniversary for our OC dinners, and we discussed this at our last dinner, lets make it happen. Theres a couple parks I am familiar with, First Landing State Park and Mt. Trashmore. I've never been to Mt Trashmore, so I dont know what facilities it has. I know First Landing has facilities, but I've heard you cannot OC in a state park, I'm looking for the specific statute, but I haven't found it as yet. So lets set a date in July 14 or 21 would work for me. Lets do this.

Start throwing out your ideas and suggestions.

Can a moderator please fix my spelling of picnic in my title, I'm an idiot
    Rev... you beat me to the post. I have been working straight through since our last meeting and have not been able drive some parks. I will be able to swing by MT. Trashmore and made one more park tomorrow between shooting at A&P and my meeting at hooters . I did suggest that this BBQ be more of a anniversary celebration than a OCDO meet up. Not saying people cant have their firearms, but myself will be packing the ice chest instead of the .45 that day. I suggest Aug. 18th. This is a Sat. and will give people over a month 1/2 to request off from work if they need to. It will also give us some time to organize food, fun, and ect. If this works for everyone we will be taking up donations at the July dinner. I will have more suggestions on fun stuff for the whole family. Fist thought was maybe a bounce house or something rented for the kids. I work alot less this coming week and will be focused on more details to this BBQ/1 year anniversary meeting.

Post imported post

FWIW, I used to live behind the mechanic's shop between the AutoZone and the 7-11 at Chimney Hill, so at least I know where it is, and I have other reasons to be there... Might make this an easy trip for me to make.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.