• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater OC picknic

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ok, now that NOVA has set the standard for OC picnics, we in Tidewater need to have one. Since this is our 1 year anniversary for our OC dinners, and we discussed this at our last dinner, lets make it happen. Theres a couple parks I am familiar with, First Landing State Park and Mt. Trashmore. I've never been to Mt Trashmore, so I dont know what facilities it has. I know First Landing has facilities, but I've heard you cannot OC in a state park, I'm looking for the specific statute, but I haven't found it as yet. So lets set a date in July 14 or 21 would work for me. Lets do this.

Start throwing out your ideas and suggestions.

Can a moderator please fix my spelling of picnic in my title, I'm an idiot:banghead:

C

ccloud43

imported post

Mt Trashmore would be good. It has covered areas by the lake, some swings and stuff for the kiddies. I know they have a couple of vollyball courts and maybe some horseshoe pits but im not 100% sure about the horseshoes.

ZoomZoom, channel 10 has a helo, maybe we can make the news..:lol:

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Ok, now that NOVA has set the standard for OC picnics, we in Tidewater need to have one. Since this is our 1 year anniversary for our OC dinners, and we discussed this at our last dinner, lets make it happen. Theres a couple parks I am familiar with, First Landing State Park and Mt. Trashmore. I've never been to Mt Trashmore, so I dont know what facilities it has. I know First Landing has facilities, but I've heard you cannot OC in a state park, I'm looking for the specific statute, but I haven't found it as yet. So lets set a date in July 14 or 21 would work for me. Lets do this.

Start throwing out your ideas and suggestions.

Can a moderator please fix my spelling of picnic in my title, I'm an idiot:banghead:
Rev... you beat me to the post. I have been working straight through since our last meeting and have not been able drive some parks. I will be able to swing by MT. Trashmore and made one more park tomorrow between shooting at A&P and my meeting at hooters :). I did suggest that this BBQ be more of a anniversary celebration than a OCDO meet up. Not saying people cant have their firearms, but myself will be packing the ice chest instead of the .45 that day. I suggest Aug. 18th. This is a Sat. and will give people over a month 1/2 to request off from work if they need to. It will also give us some time to organize food, fun, and ect. If this works for everyone we will be taking up donations at the July dinner. I will have more suggestions on fun stuff for the whole family. Fist thought was maybe a bounce house or something rented for the kids. I work alot less this coming week and will be focused on more details to this BBQ/1 year anniversary meeting.

AbNo

imported post

FWIW, I used to live behind the mechanic's shop between the AutoZone and the 7-11 at Chimney Hill, so at least I know where it is, and I have other reasons to be there... Might make this an easy trip for me to make. :cool: