Thread: My visit to VA

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Did not see any open carriers. Did see one guy that looked to be CC, had a big bulge under his shirt, bigger than a cell phone.

Was in Martinsville, than in Colonial Williamsburg.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Were you OC'ing?

Just curious

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

You don't see unicorns everyday around here, yet.

Post imported post

The whole Hampton Roads area is a bit liberal for my taste, so I'm not entirely suprised.

Though I will be headed down to VA BCH some upcoming Thursday to see some old friends.

You'd probably see me at Keagan's or something.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Were you OC'ing?

Just curious
    Nope. I was attired in your basic tourist costumes most of the time. And all of Colonial Williamsburg is a national park anyway.

Post imported post

Not all of Virginia chooses to OC..

Those that do.. arouse the attention of those that do not.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

And all of Colonial Williamsburg is a national park anyway.
    With all due respect, ilbob, at one time I thought the same thing.Colonial Williamsburgiteslf is not a national park, believe it or not. It is a private foundation, hence, private property. That said, I do not know if they have changed their policy since last year. Check this thread about Colonial Williamsburg.

I hope you enjoyed your time there. It is quite an interesting place. I had a great (umpteen times) grandfather that was a member of the House of Burgesses, 1705 to 1735. I always lean something new when I go there. ENJOY!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

DoubleR wrote:
    And all of Colonial Williamsburg is a national park anyway.
    With all due respect, ilbob, at one time I thought the same thing.Colonial Williamsburgiteslf is not a national park, believe it or not. It is a private foundation, hence, private property. That said, I do not know if they have changed their policy since last year. Check this thread about Colonial Williamsburg.

thats interesting, since there are signs in various places indicating it is a national park. some of the re-enactors did say they were employees of the commonwealth of virginia. how does that work if the place is private?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My short reply is that it is REALLY convoluted in that area. You pass thru and across a number of Fed properties. If I rememebr correctly, one example is if you take the Williamsburg Colonial Parkway into Williamsburg, it is a Fed highway. We have any number of these situatinos in Northern Virginia. A good example is the GW Parkway that runs from Mount Vernon, south of the City of Alexandria to I-495. It is fed except when you're in Alexandira. Then it is a City street. No-No carrying on the fed section , but you're OK in Alexandria. It's a legal nightmare. So the confusion of who regulates what will give you a headache. I also carry a tube of Head-On, along with the rest of my gear.:what:

Post imported post

DoubleR wrote:
    My short reply is that it is REALLY convoluted in that area. You pass thru and across a number of Fed properties. If I rememebr correctly, one example is if you take the Williamsburg Colonial Parkway into Williamsburg, it is a Fed highway. We have any number of these situatinos in Northern Virginia. A good example is the GW Parkway that runs from Mount Vernon, south of the City of Alexandria to I-495. It is fed except when you're in Alexandira. Then it is a City street. No-No carrying on the fed section , but you're OK in Alexandria. It's a legal nightmare. So the confusion of who regulates what will give you a headache. I also carry a tube of Head-On, along with the rest of my gear.:what:

i HATE that commercial......does it actually work?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm sure that a good Bourbon is just as good and a lot more enjoyable!

Post imported post

Bourb-On. Apply directly to the forehead...

Post imported post

If you visit the Northern VA area try to attend a VCDL meeting . You will get to see quite a crowd of OCers and see how a very effective 2A group functions .