Thread: Nail shop and Starbucks, no problems at all.

Post imported post

Friday evening in Kirkland...

Wife had to have her nails done at her regular nail spot near the gym, and we had 45 minutes to hang around before then. We decided to go to Starbucks, order some drinks and hang out there until her nail appt and my trip to the gym.

Had no problems at all from customers or the staff. Our trainer came in about 1/2 hour into the time and we were in conversation for a few minutes when I notice a Kirkland police car back into a spot and two LEO's get out and come in. I think to myself "oh great, some sheeple or armed sheeple called "man with a gun".

Nope, they were just there to get themselves some coffee. I know one of them noticed the sidearm I had, but it was just a quick glance and back to his business.

We then walked to the nail place and we both walked in to make sure they were ready for her, and although it was full of people, not a word was said.

I then went to the car, and locked up my sidearm for my trip to the gym.

so, 45 minutes in Starbucks, and walking around the stip mall and no negative encounters.

Post imported post

Mmmm... tastey uneventful OC.

Tastes like chicken.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Which Starbucks? Was it the Expedition carrying a "corporal" and a rookie looking fellow? If you we at Rosehill Starbucks, I saw them, didn't see you. @noonish

Post imported post

xpun8 wrote:
    Which Starbucks? Was it the Expedition carrying a "corporal" and a rookie looking fellow? If you we at Rosehill Starbucks, I saw them, didn't see you. @noonish
    Bridle Trails. The mall with the Bally's gym which is where I went. And it was a cruiser, not an Expedition.

Post imported post

ok, cool. I had to check. What's up with KPD and Starbucks? Tax dollars hard at work

Post imported post

LOL, I always see KPD at the starbucks on 85th.

And KCSD at the starbucks in North Bend. Seriously, there are usually 4-6 cop cars at that one at any given hour of the day

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:

And KCSD at the starbucks in North Bend. Seriously, there are usually 4-6 cop cars at that one at any given hour of the day
    I wonder if Starbucks gives LEO a discount or some special. That's a great way to get a good safe store

I know in a lot of places, they refuse to hire enough LEO, so they have to work double and triple shifts. Gotta LIVE off the caffeine.

Post imported post

If I owned a coffee shop, I would give a discount to anyone who was OCing in my store. That way I wouldn't have to hire security =)

Post imported post

jchen012 wrote:
    If I owned a coffee shop, I would give a discount to anyone who was OCing in my store. That way I wouldn't have to hire security =)
    THAT would be a place I'd frequent often!

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    expvideo wrote:

I know in a lot of places, they refuse to hire enough LEO, so they have to work double and triple shifts. Gotta LIVE off the caffeine.
    That equivilate out to a16 to 48 hour shift depending on the Dept.:shock:
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40