• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nail shop and Starbucks, no problems at all.

gregma

imported post

Friday evening in Kirkland...

Wife had to have her nails done at her regular nail spot near the gym, and we had 45 minutes to hang around before then. We decided to go to Starbucks, order some drinks and hang out there until her nail appt and my trip to the gym.

Had no problems at all from customers or the staff. Our trainer came in about 1/2 hour into the time and we were in conversation for a few minutes when I notice a Kirkland police car back into a spot and two LEO's get out and come in. I think to myself "oh great, some sheeple or armed sheeple called "man with a gun".

Nope, they were just there to get themselves some coffee. I know one of them noticed the sidearm I had, but it was just a quick glance and back to his business.

We then walked to the nail place and we both walked in to make sure they were ready for her, and although it was full of people, not a word was said.

I then went to the car, and locked up my sidearm for my trip to the gym.

so, 45 minutes in Starbucks, and walking around the stip mall and no negative encounters.

xpun8

imported post

Which Starbucks? Was it the Expedition carrying a "corporal" and a rookie looking fellow? If you we at Rosehill Starbucks, I saw them, didn't see you. @noonish

gregma

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
Which Starbucks? Was it the Expedition carrying a "corporal" and a rookie looking fellow? If you we at Rosehill Starbucks, I saw them, didn't see you. @noonish
Bridle Trails. The mall with the Bally's gym which is where I went. And it was a cruiser, not an Expedition.

expvideo

imported post

LOL, I always see KPD at the starbucks on 85th.

And KCSD at the starbucks in North Bend. Seriously, there are usually 4-6 cop cars at that one at any given hour of the day :D

gregma

imported post

expvideo wrote:

And KCSD at the starbucks in North Bend. Seriously, there are usually 4-6 cop cars at that one at any given hour of the day :D
I wonder if Starbucks gives LEO a discount or some special. That's a great way to get a good safe store :D

I know in a lot of places, they refuse to hire enough LEO, so they have to work double and triple shifts. Gotta LIVE off the caffeine.

jchen012

imported post

If I owned a coffee shop, I would give a discount to anyone who was OCing in my store. That way I wouldn't have to hire security =)

joeroket

imported post

gregma wrote:
expvideo wrote:

I know in a lot of places, they refuse to hire enough LEO, so they have to work double and triple shifts. Gotta LIVE off the caffeine.
That equivilate out to a16 to 48 hour shift depending on the Dept.:shock: