• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Important! problem with Ohio Gun law!

dng

State Researcher
imported post

This a word of caution to anyone who CC or OC in the state of Ohio;stay out of any establishment that sells alcohol on Sundays under a D6 license unless you are willing to risk a felony charge! This includes places that sell packaged alcohol, such as Walmart, convenience stores, and grocery stores. Part of the Ohio law on where guns are prohibited was incorrectly written. I was told that it will probably be Fall until this problem is fixed. See the following thread for more information:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/3102.html

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Mike wrote:
PENALTY FLAG - no citation to authorioty on the play.
Oops, sorry about that Mike!

Buckeye Firearm Association= Jim Irvine

Waiting personal confirmation from State AG, but Buckeye Firearm Association has already spoken with the State AG, senators, and representatives and they are aware of the situation according to Mr. Irvine.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK, but what Ohio statute are you speaking of - posts such as this should not just forward comments of others, but identify the statute and explain why it makes carry unlawful.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

That is the reason I posted a thread to another forum discussion so that we did not have two threads discussing the same issue. Sorry about the confusion.:? The other thread has the section of Ohio law in question and what the problems are with that law. It has been discussed at length, and the purpose of posting a new thread was to let other Ohioans know what the results of the discussion were, since the title of the other thread does not let people know the problems I have found.

Legba

imported post

Yeah, it would be nice to clarify what basic things like "loaded" mean. I've been transporting "unloaded" guns in my van, but with ammo in ready reach, so I'd prefer not to end up a test case over this. Likewise, I may be in violation by carrying when I get a soda next door from work because they sell beer for take-out on Sunday. Needlessly confusing, all this. Strickland sounds like a reasonable lad though, so we'll see if he can exert some influence on the statehouse to sort this out.

-ljp

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dngreer wrote:
That is the reason I posted a thread to another forum discussion so that we did not have two threads discussing the same issue. Sorry about the confusion.:? The other thread has the section of Ohio law in question and what the problems are with that law. It has been discussed at length, and the purpose of posting a new thread was to let other Ohioans know what the results of the discussion were, since the title of the other thread does not let people know the problems I have found.

I know it's sometimes a thread that belongs in two places, such as news and the state forum, but you'll have to pick and choose which one it belongs in and not post in both.

I'll close this one down. Folks are invited to comment in the other thread:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/3102.html