• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My OP Ed Piece

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Excellent article! We need more people in the media and press like yourself! Keep on writing, you definately have a way with words!

pkbites

imported post

How dare you use facts & logic to argue against the emotional knee jerk actions of the people who wish to disarm us. Do you want the entire system to collapse?:lol:

CPerdue

imported post

A quibble:

"THIS WAS the case at Virginia Tech where an administrative ban on the legal carrying of firearms by adult students (emphasis added) had left those on campus helpless before Cho’s madness."

The administrative ban applys to everyone, including the thousands of faculty and staff who commute to campus daily. "Students" connotates irresponsibility in some minds, so I have started emphasizing these other catagories. Surely there are some responsible adults among the academic ranks.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I'd like to organize some informational sessions for faculty and staff regarding self-defence, the law vs. school policy, and practical concealment. I won't tell anyone to risk their job, but I'd love to let people know that they can carry in deep concealment and policy be damned. I'm not good at causing trouble so suggestions would be appreciated.

Otherwise kudos to John.

Clint

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

All supportive so far. A local female LEO was the best.