• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rosie O'Donnell (of MMM fame) posts picture of her daughter

IanB

imported post

What was she thinking??? This is her daughter Vivienne Rose (conceived by sperm donation, the mother is Rosie's lesbian partner).

Rosiedaughter2.jpg

It's on her personal blog: http://www.rosie.com/blog/2007/06/26/a-picture-says-a-thousand-posts/

EDIT: Rosie changed the pic on her blog. You can see the original pic in my post and link below.

unrequited

imported post

Who uses their kids as political tools? I'm glad she "quit":
http://newsbusters.org/media/2007-04-17-ABCTV.wmv

ROSIE O’DONNELL: Well, and you know, since 1999, Columbine, what happened? All the mothers got together in America, we formed the "Million Mom March." We marched on Washington, estimates of almost two million mothers there. We protested. We picketed against the NRA, and for the government to make sensible gun legislation. And what has happened since then? Nothing. Nothing. I'm shocked that I'm numb about it. I'm shocked that, you know, Columbine, which took me out at the knees, literally where I thought I would never recover and went on anti-depressants, I thought– I don’t know how— I had a child like you do, I was your age with a baby, and the concept of sending them away to school from the nest of the dangers that lurk out there. But somehow this one, I'm almost numb to it. I think well, here we go again.

JOY BEHAR: Do you feel that it's worthless, it’s useless to protest or to make, raise your voice against gun control, for gun control?

O’DONNELL: I think there will never be gun control in America. And I think having tried to fight it for five years of my life it was a futile attempt.

BEHAR: You throw up your hands hun?

O’DONNELL: I sort of do.

Thank poop. I wish the other 999,999 would give up too, but realize they're not controlling anything when they pass these asinine bills.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think somebody swapped pictures. The little girl in camo with belts of blanks is gone. Its also been changed on the linked website.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Thank poop. I wish the other 999,999 would give up too, but realize they're not controlling anything when they pass these asinine bills.

You mean the other 99, right?

They count rather like they:
- "educate"
- invite the public
- display manners

well, you get the drift

kurtmax_0

imported post

What's the big deal really? I don't see the point, but I'm sure some kids would think a bandolier is pretty awesome :p I would have loved one as a kid! (Of course, I had the next best thing: A cool western type belt and holster for my colt with little .22 bullet loops all around :))

I don't see what the point of the picture is though.... really.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Well...Rosie is a SUPER ANTI-GUN...

Remember how she was EXTREMELY rude towards Tom Selleck on her show once.

http://www.geocities.com/rofaq/nradebate.html

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+2]Transcript of Tom Selleck[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+2]& Rosie O'Donnell's NRA Discussion[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]transcribed by Otherone[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1].[/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: We're here with Tom Selleck who's a member of the NRA. Three months ago you joined the NRA.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]*[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I did. I actually joined to do an ad. Because, I've done a lot of consensus work for like the last 7 to 8 years and what disturbs me and I think disturbs a lot of Americans is the whole idea of politics now-a-days which seems to be, 'if you disagree with me, you must be evil' as opposed to 'if you disagree with me, you must be stupid'. That's very American.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]You know, the demonizing of a group like the NRA is very disturbing. And that coupled with the idea that the government is getting into the idea of suing. We did it for noble reasons with tobacco. I think it was a mistake. Then they moved to gun
selleckro.jpg
makers, now they're suing television shows. Oliver Stone there's a suit on his movie.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]I think the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, and all of the Bill of Rights are extremely important. And somebody needs to stand up at times where... maybe some of our politicians are demagogue-ing issues. Reasonable people should disagree in this country; we should celebrate that, not consider it a threat.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Right, but I think that the reason that people are so extreme against the NRA is because the NRA has such a militant strength, especially a power in Washington to veto or to stronghold any sensible gun law. They have been against every sensible gun law, until yesterday, including trigger locks, so that children, which there are 500 a year that die, don't get killed.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I'm not a spokesman for the NRA. In fact, all I can tell you is, I was a member when I was kid. I was a junior NRA member. I learned firearm safety. And from what I can see in the last three months, they don't do a lot of the stuff that you assume that they do.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: I don't assume.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: They are for trigger locks. The NRA is for a lot of things as long as they're voluntary.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: They're against the registering of guns. We have to register cars. Why shouldn't we register guns so that when a crime is committed we can trace who has owned it?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: You know, I understand how you feel. This is a really contentious issue. Probably as contentious, and potentially as troubling as the abortion issue in this country. All I can tell you is, rushes to pass legislation at a time of national crisis or mourning, I don't really think are proper. And more importantly, nothing in any of this legislation would have done anything to prevent that awful tragedy in Littleton.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]What I see in the work I've done with kids is, is troubling direction in our culture. And where I see consensus, which is I think we ought to concentrate on in our culture is... look... nobody argues anymore whether they're Conservatives or Liberal whether our society is going in the wrong direction. They may argue trying to quantify how far it's gone wrong or why it's gone that far wrong, whether it's guns, or television, or the Internet, or whatever. But there's consensus saying that something's happened.
selleck.gif
Guns were much more accessible 40 years ago. A kid could walk into a pawn shop or a hardware store and buy a high capacity magazine weapon that could kill a lot of people and they didn't do it.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]The question we should be asking is... look... suicide is a tragedy. And it's a horrible thing. But 30 or 40 years ago, particularly men, and even young men, when they were suicidal, they went, and unfortunately, blew their brains out. In today's world, someone who is suicidal sits home, nurses their grievance, develops a rage, and is just a suicidal but they take 20 people with them. There's something changed in our culture. That's not a simple...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: But you can't say that guns don't bear a responsibility. If the makers of the TEC-9 assault rifle... Why wouldn't the NRA be against assault rifles? This is a gun that can shoot five bullets in a second. This is the gun that those boys brought into the school. Why the NRA wouldn't say as a matter of compromise, 'we agree, assault weapons are not good'?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I'm not... I can't speak for the NRA.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: But you're their spokesperson Tom, so you have to be responsible for what they say.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: But I'm not a spokesperson. I'm not a spokesperson for the NRA.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: But if you put your name out and say, 'I, Tom Selleck...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not a spokesperson. Remember how calm you said you'd be? Now you're questioning my humanity.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: No, not your humanity. I think you're a very humane man. I'm saying that if you...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Let's just say that I disagree with you but I think you're being stupid.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: But you can't say that I will not take responsibility for anything the NRA represents if you're saying that you're going to do an ad for the NRA.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Really?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: You can't say that. Do you think you can?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Look... you're carefully skirting the issue. It's an act of moral vanity, Rosie, to assume that someone who disagrees with your political agenda to solve our problems, cares any less or is any less shocked...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: I never said you cared less.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Well, let me finish...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Tom, I don't think you cared less. Nor do I think the men in the NRA cared less.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: The women too.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: And the women. I simply said, why can there not be a compromise on the issue...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: There IS a compromise! There's a compromise in enforcing laws. There's a compromise with not allowing kids with guns in school. The problem is, and what you don't seem to realize... you seem to have some sort of... look, we all hang out with people we agree with. And you have a one very one-sided view of the fact of what you don't understand...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: As does the NRA and the people you hang out with at the NRA have a one-sided view as well.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I don't hang out with people of the NRA...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: OK, well, you're saying that I hang out with people with my views. I'm just saying...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I said people tend to...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: We all tend to. The NRA does and the un-NRA does.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: You know, this is a nice one-sided conversation but you keep interrupting me. Remember how civil you said we were going to be?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: I let you talk for four minutes without saying one thing! I did. I didn't say one thing! I simply asked a question on what their philosophies are. And you don't want to...[/size][/font]
maceden.jpg
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I told you... look, when do you want to get to television and violence...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: I agree! I agree.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: ...and game shows...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Game shows?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: ...and how do you reconcile...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: You mean video games? I agree![/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Please let me finish! Let me say just one thing. What you're really talking about... at least what I'm talking about... is are we a responsible enough society, in terms of television, in terms of guns, in terms of everything else, to be this free? That should frame the debate. My answer unfortunately, in this culture, is 'probably not'. But I'm going to down with the Civil Liberties ship, and all the Bill of Rights, and apply them equally. That's the way I feel. You can ask me specific questions about anything, but it's simply stupid political rhetoric.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Well, it's not stupid political rhetoric. We also have freedom of speech, but you're not allowed to scream 'fire' in a crowded movie theater because it threatens the safety of other people.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I understand.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Assault weapons threaten the safety of other people. There's no reason, in my opinion, to have them. You want to have a hunting rifle? Great! You want to have a handgun?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Do you really think the Second Amendment to the Constitution to guarantee hunting and target shooting? Do you really think that's what the Founding Fathers meant?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: I think the Second Amendment is in the Constitution so that we can have muskets when the British people come over in 1800. I don't think it's in the Constitution to have assault weapons in the year 2000. But I'm wrong? I guess...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: (nods his head)[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: You know, this is the problem. Here's what happens. The people with opposing views, there is no compromise because, you feel attacked, I feel attacked. You feel less understood...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I haven't attacked you. I've disagreed with you.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: And I've disagreed with you as well. But mine comes in the form of attacking because...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I haven't mentioned assault weapons once. I haven't mentioned a lot of things once. The nature of this debate... I didn't come on your show to have a debate. I came on your show to plug a movie. That's what's I'm doing here.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: And that's what we did.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: If you think it's proper to have a debate about the NRA, I'm trying to be fair with you.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: As I am trying to...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: But this is absurd. You're calling me a spokesman for the NRA.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Tom, if you are a celebrity and you're doing an ad that says, 'I am the NRA', then what should have been...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Have you read the ads?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: I have read the ads.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Good.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Did you read the ads?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: I said them. I read them when I say them.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Well, I do too. Well, this is not supposed to be a personal...[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Well it's certainly very entertaining, look at the audience, they're just laughing and having a great old time.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Well it's a serious subject. I don't think it's a lot to laugh about.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: Well, that's fine.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: All right, well, this has not gone the way I had hoped it had gone. But, I would like to thank you for appearing anyway, knowing that we have differing views. I was happy that you decided to come on the show. And if you feel insulted by my questions, I apologize, because it was not a personal attack. I was meant to bring up the subject as it is in the consciousness of so many today. That was my intent. And if it was wrong, I apologize to you, on a personal level.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Tom: It's your show and you can talk about it after I leave too.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Rosie: Well, I thought I would give you an opportunity to discuss your side of it. Which is what I hope that I did. And if I was wrong I'm sorry. (Tom looks away from Rosie) Well, obviously, it didn't do much good.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1].[/size][/font]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_O'Donnell

Gun control controversies
After the Columbine shootings, O'Donnell became an outspoken supporter of gun control and a major figure in the Million Mom March. During the April 19, 1999, broadcast of her talk show, she stated, "You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison". O'Donnell has since attempted to reconcile her stance by remarking, "I don't personally own a gun, but if you are qualified, licensed and registered, I have no problem."[citation needed][/suP]

On May 19, 1999, O'Donnell interviewed actor Tom Selleck, who was promoting a film The Love Letter.[5][/suP] After a commercial break, O'Donnell confronted him about his recent commercial for the NRA[6][/suP] and challenge him about the NRA's position on the use of assault rifles. According to Selleck, the two had agreed not to discuss the topic prior to his appearance on the show. O'Donnell maintains that Selleck and his publicist had been informed that the topic would be discussed. She subsequently said on the show that the interview had "not gone the way I had hoped it had gone. But, I would like to thank you for appearing anyway, knowing that we have differing views. I was happy that you decided to come on the show. And if you feel insulted by my questions, I apologize, because it was not a personal attack. I was meant to bring up the subject as it is in the consciousness of so many today."[7][/suP]

Also in May 1999, Bernadette Peters and the rest of the cast from Annie Get Your Gun was to appear for taping and perform the song "Anything You Can Do". O'Donnell insisted that the line "I can shoot a partridge with a single cartridge" be removed from the song. Peters refused, and the cast sang a different song without her.

Later in 1999, O'Donnell discontinued her contract with Kmart as their spokeswoman. Gun enthusiasts complained that she shouldn't be the spokeperson for the largest gun retailer. Kmart employees told the New York Daily News that it was Kmart who terminated the agreement with O'Donnell, which both Kmart and O'Donnell denied publicly.[8][/suP]

In May 2000, O'Donnell's bodyguard applied for a concealed firearm permit in Connecticut. O'Donnell stated that it was not she who requested the permit, but Kroll, the security firm through which the guard was hired and was contracted by O'Donnell's employer Warner Brothers. Numerous parents of children who attended the same school as O'Donnell's children expressed their concern about the possibility of O'Donnell's bodyguard being armed while on school grounds. O'Donnell confirmed "the guard does not normally have a gun, but is trained in self-defense techniques. And there was never any intention of his carrying a gun at school." O'Donnell added that because of threats, she and her family -- including 4-year-old Parker who will be attending school next fall -- need protection, which she attributes, ironically, to her "tough gun-control rhetoric".[9][/suP][10][/suP]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Sorry Boss...:what:...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:monkey:monkey:monkeyI guess I succeeded.

Enjoy the rest of it:celebrate