• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PAopencarry.org

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Questions:

Must I notify a police officer I am armed? During a foot encounter? During a traffic stop?

Must I identify myself to police if asked?

Must I show ID if requested by police?

Where can I look up PA case law regarding 4th Amendment immunities from unreasonablesearches and seizures?

Where am I prohibited fromcarrying by State Law?

lprgcFrank

imported post

I am not a lawyer...answers embeded below

Citizen wrote:
Questions:

Must I notify a police officer I am armed? During a foot encounter? During a traffic stop?
>>>Nope not a requirement - but use your best judgement. If liklely to be found out (like I have to reach to the glove box to get my registration and the butt of my 1911 will be exposed as I reach across the console fo the car- I inform

Must I identify myself to police if asked?
>>>Yes

Must I show ID if requested by police?
>>>Not positive - but I belive that you do not have to show ID if you are on foot - just provide information that identifies you. If operating a motor vehicle - they yes you must provide ID.

Where can I look up PA case law regarding 4th Amendment immunities from unreasonablesearches and seizures?
>>>Not sure

Where am I prohibited fromcarrying by State Law?
>>>Courthouses and federal government property