• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Eugene

brando

imported post

I live in AZ for 10 months of the year and it is the wild wild west out there. I see on any given day 5-20 people open carrying. So I am curious here in Eugene since I am working for a lumber company and spending alot of time in some interesting parts of eugene drivng to and from work. What are the open carry laws for eugene? I have looked around a little but just need a little re assurance. Thanks in advance.

jhisaac1

imported post

I don't know of any pre-emption laws for Eugene. I didn't check the Eugene laws, but packing.org and opencarry.org don't show anything.

Jason
(Also working for a Lumber Company, up here in Portland.)

Alpha

imported post

I have open carried in Eugene.

I used to live two blocks from the campus until this year, and carried around the neighborhood often.

Officer Randal Ellis down there is a good guy to know, and I even carried while in the outpost police station they have there on 13th.

The main office in City Hall, however, has signs posted all over about no weapons allowed. While this is not legal to prohibit you, I never tested it out.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

wet_willy wrote:
i have never seen anyone oc in eugene........
I opened carried in Eugene this year. I open carried in the airport, at a bus station, at a restaurant and in a Walmart.

MarKing

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Eugene has no ordinances on open carry. They mirror state law and prohibit concealed carry.

How are they able to prohibit CC? Isn't there a preemption law?

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

MarKing wrote:
Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Eugene has no ordinances on open carry. They mirror state law and prohibit concealed carry.

Yes. The preemption law applies only if you have a firearms license.

MarKing

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
MarKing wrote:
Lonnie Wilson wrote:

Yes. The preemption law applies only if you have a firearms license.
So, does that mean that I understand the law correctly and CCW holders are exempty from OC laws? That's what I've understood anyway.