Thread: Can somebody PLEASE explain Bill HR 1022 ???

Post imported post

I don't really understand all of this, but it seems to me that the Benelli Shotgun that I have hanging behind my headboard for Home Defense and Hunting Purposes is to be Banned???

The Kimber 1911 on my Hip to Defend Myself, My Wife and Family + anybody else out there, is supposed to be Banned too???

My wife's Bersa ???

but ALL revolvers are OK???:what:

Please Help me Understand !!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::sh ock:

http://akeyboardanda45.blogspot.com/...y-hr-1022.html

Post imported post

http://www.nraila.org//Issues/FactSh...ad.aspx?ID=213

UTOC, See if this might shed some light on your question about HR1022

Post imported post

[*]"Guns exempted by the Clinton ban. (Ruger Mini-14s and -30s, and Ranch Rifles; .30 cal. carbines; and fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, center-fire rifles that hold more than 10 rounds.) " My Benelli is 4+1. so it should be Ok?

[*]"65 named guns (the Clinton law banned 19 by name); semi-auto fixed-magazine pistols of over 10 rounds capacity; and frames, receivers and parts used to repair or refurbish guns. " My 1911 is 7+1. so it should be Ok? My Wifes Bersa is 7+1 too

So would this then means that any semi-automatic handgun and Rifles with mag capacity with less then 10 rounds would be OK???

Don't get me wrong. I don't want any H.R. 1022 to go thru at all, but just asking.

Post imported post

This was apparently proposed by McCarthy in February, predating the Virginia Tech unpleasantries, so she's been on a tear for a while now. I just hope to be able to get my Dragunov before this nonsense just drives the prices through the roof - it sure as hell isn't going to remove any guns from anyone's existing inventory.

-ljp

p.s. I've contacted my representative by e-mail and phone and he agrees to oppose the bill, should it come to a vote.

Post imported post

UTOC

"Guns exempted by the Clinton ban. (Ruger Mini-14s and -30s, and Ranch Rifles; .30 cal. carbines; and fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, center-fire rifles that hold more than 10 rounds.) " My Benelli is 4+1. so it should be Ok?"

If that Benelli is a semi-auto then you would become a felon upon passage of HR1022.

If an AG determand that your semi-auto rifle was "not sporting" than that to would be included in the ban.

your 7+1 1911 would be ok, but for how long?

Post imported post

And I was admiring this country for it's FREEDOM and BILL of RIGHTS. The very CONSTUTIONAL RIGHTS that the ForeFathers set up....

As the member of the LDS ( mormon ) has said for a long time...In the End the Constituition of the United States will hang by a Thread. I'm afraid that that's what it's looking like.

Without the 2nd Amendment Right we Don't have a 1st Amendment Right either

Iread something to the effect once-"If Outlaws are the Only ones that have Guns...then I will be an Outlaw".

"with Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

Post imported post

you and me both brother, you and me both.

Post imported post

So, what is the status of HR 1022 anyway?

Post imported post

Don't know.

Still looking

They seem to be pretty tight-liped about it so that we really won't know anything so that all of a sudden we are all felons. ALL OF US.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    ...we really won't know anything so that all of a sudden we are all felons. ALL OF US.
    And amerrier band of pirates you'll never find upon the Seven Seas!

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    So, what is the status of HR 1022 anyway?
    According to GovTrack, it was referred to the House Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security on Mar 19, 2007. It has not emerged from the subcommittee yet.

I was not able to identify whether the committee has had any hearings on the resolution.

Post imported post

Rep. Boehner's office said yesterday (via telephone)that it's in committee and isn't scheduled for a vote as yet. With any luck, they'll table the thing and it'll die before the full House wastes any time with it.

-ljp

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    ...we really won't know anything so that all of a sudden we are all felons. ALL OF US.
    And amerrier band of pirates you'll never find upon the Seven Seas!
    HEY, HO, HEY, HO, HEY, HO:celebrate.

"IF OUTLAWS ARE THE ONLY ONES TO HAVE GUNS THEN I WOULD BE AN OUTLAW" I read somewhere

Post imported post

Watch this video. McCarthy doesn't even know what her own legislation would ban.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/1...l-legislation/

:what::what::what:

Post imported post

Keepandbear wrote:
    Watch this video. McCarthy doesn't even know what her own legislation would ban.
    According to a letter I received from John Warner, he doesn't know (or apparently care) what's in the bill either. He has said that he is going to support it. Warner claims that 9-11 is what changed his mind.

Post imported post

Well that dosn't make any sence, so because America is under a constant threat of suicide attacks, he thinks it's a good idea to disarm people!!!

Quite the contrary I would think, I want those jihad basterd's to be afraid to come over here and pull the kinda s**t they do in the UK !!

Wasn't a Japanies General that said he didn't want to invade America because " behind every blade of grass is a rifle"

Thats what I wanna here from Osama and friends !!:celebrate

Post imported post

hlh wrote:
    Keepandbear wrote:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/1...l-legislation/

:what::what::what:
    If she doesn't know what's in her bill, who wrote it? Who wrote it for her?
    Maybe Bill was in on it again somehow?

Post imported post

There's a grandfather clause in the proposed legislation, so that existing inventories would be unaffected. So... this would just ban future sales of new products with these evil features. The net effect will be to drive up the prices on the older stock, without decreasing their numbers. Brilliant. In the future, motivated criminals will simply have to get by with "primitive" bolt-action rifles and revolvers and such. As we all know, a .30-06 or a .357 magnum are mere toys... Either that or it's patently silly to attribute intrinsic moral value to inanimate objects. But what do I know? I'm a death merchant and part of the problem, to hear Frau McCarthy tell it.

-ljp

p.s. Has nobody else noticed that we've had "McCarthyism" before and it was (and is) intrinsically evil?

Post imported post

An update on HR 1022.

HR 1022 now has 50 cosponsorsand resides in the The House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. Four of the members of this subcommittee are also cosigners of the bill.

People more knowledgeable than I feel that this bill is a non-issue, that the Dem's know better than attempt a new AWB. I hope they are correct, but any bill with 50 cosponsors has a good chance of reaching the House Floor.

There have been a couple of misconceptions about this bill posted in this thread.

I would highly recommend that you read the full text of the bill here.

The anti's have taken some fairly large hits as of late. The Tiahrt Amendment is still in force, Parker v. DC is off to SCOTUS and the OSHA end run on ammo transportation and storage has come up against a brick wall. Hopefully they have learned a lesson, but if not, they can bring this out just to spite us.

JR A Keyboard and a .45

Post imported post

Well, like I've said before, what are we going to do?

I mean, and on here are good and all, but I would say we need to take action.

Anyone know of any GoA/VCDL actions on this?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.