• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long before the War for Civil Rights??

cato

imported post

Well, the victor writes the history. And like most of life there was good and bad; unified country, freed slaves and centralized federal power, conscription, taxes, etc... respectively.

Ifdisidentswin they are revolutionaries, if they loose rebels.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Boy I didn't think this topic would get any where near a north-south debate...I definately thought that was over and done with.

CPerdue

imported post

As a native Virginian, I can say that the north-south debate will never end. Funny thing though, we debate, we even reenact, but we stopped shooting and that is almost unheard of.

Modern weapons, and their cost, have made it inconceivable for there to be another civil war.

Tomahawk

imported post

Couldn't resist...

BT-jesushatestheyankees-catalog-925.jpg

cato

imported post

Ok, now you asked for it. Don't mess with Uncle Billy!

Attachments

• 402039388_0b1743f5fd.jpg
    402039388_0b1743f5fd.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 221

casullshooter

imported post

CPerdue wrote:
As a native Virginian, I can say that the north-south debate will never end. Funny thing though, we debate, we even reenact, but we stopped shooting and that is almost unheard of.

Modern weapons, and their cost, have made it inconceivable for there to be another civil war.
When Northern treachery our rights they went to mar , we hoist on high the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears the single Star .

Hoo-Rah , Hoo-Rah for Southern rights Hoo-Rah ! Hoo-Rah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears the single Star !!!!!!!

All in humor

Tomahawk

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Looks like someone with a Napoleon complex...........

Common affliction in Northern officers, apparently:

MacClellan:
mt1117655343.jpg

Only problem is, Napoleon usually won his battles; this bozo only ran his mouth alot, usually right before getting an ass-thrashing by Phillip Van Cleeve's...er....Robert E. Lee's troops.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Funny thing, I have been telling some of the guys I work with that if things keep going the way they are there will be another revolution. At first they thought I was a nut but as time goes on and they talk to other people they are starting to agree that it just might happen.

I'm not planning on giving my guns to anybody except my son or my brother upon my death which could be sooner than I want or expect.:?

Legba

imported post

As one of the few token Ohio yankees here, I just have to smirk...

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I may be from Ohio, but I have to say:

THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT!! (well, except for the whole slavery thing of course)

I was born in the south, grew up in the south, and I am still trying to figure out why I am still living up here. I gave some of my "Yankee" friends a good laugh a while ago when they saw the 5x7 picture of Robert E Lee that I keep on my desk at home. But I guess that's not what this thread is supposed to be about.

I never had given a second thought to "conspiracy freaks" until about 6 months ago. The more I see of how the government, president,senators, and representatives ignore what Americans want, the more I am believing. I fully expect to see another revolution in my lifetime. I wish our country could be fixed by less drastic means, but I think we are past the point of no return. Take time to really read through the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. I did it today for the first time in a very long time, and it is truly sad to see how far we have fallen as a nation. For example read this paragraph from the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security

I don't know how many patriots we have left in this country who will be willing to stand, but we must stand or soon we will be living without our freedoms. The founding fathers risked charges of treason, their lives,families, wealth; EVERYTHING;to found this great country. I don't want it to ever come to another revolution, but I don't know if we have a choice any more.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you want some amazing reading, get a copy of the bookThe Anti-Federalist Papers.

Its a collection of essays and letters to the editor by men opposed to the Constitution. They weren't particularly Royalists. They foresaw a fair amount of what we're experiencing with the federal gov't today.

Having previously read the Federalist Papers, which I heldperhaps in too-high regard, I onlybought it out of idle curiosity. I was at first scandalized by thecommentary that took issue with theConstitution.However, time, experience, and other reading has lead me to conclude that these guys knew a bit about which they were talking.

Got my copy in paperback from Barnes and Noble a couple years ago. Its probably still in print.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
If you want some amazing reading, get a copy of the bookThe Anti-Federalist Papers.

Its a collection of essays and letters to the editor by men opposed to the Constitution. They weren't particularly Royalists. They foresaw a fair amount of what we're experiencing with the federal gov't today.

Having previously read the Federalist Papers, which I heldperhaps in too-high regard, I onlybought it out of idle curiosity. I was at first scandalized by thecommentary that took issue with theConstitution.However, time, experience, and other reading has lead me to conclude that these guys knew a bit about which they were talking.

Got my copy in paperback from Barnes and Noble a couple years ago. Its probably still in print.
Only a few of the Federalists caught my attention during my college history courses, forget which numbers though :(

cato

imported post

Citizen wrote:

Ya, It was the Military notyet Industrial Complex giant Haliburten Black Power Works that got the constitution pushed through and ratified!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
cato wrote:
Ok, now you asked for it. Don't mess with Uncle Billy!
It's not a Napoleon complex, it's fleas.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My great, great, great grandfather, Col. Beauregard Braxton Longstreet Ewell thanks you, sir.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cato wrote:
Ya, It was the Military notyet Industrial Complex giant Haliburten Black Power Works that got the constitution pushed through and ratified!

Well, you're mostly on the right track. It looks like it was lawyers, politicians, and New York banking interests (Alexander Hamilton) that got it pushed through and ratified.

Remember, the Philadelphia Convention met in secrecy andabandoned their mandate to improve the Articles of Confederation.

spy1

imported post

I really don't think we're at the point of armed insurrection yet (although we're close).

What I do think is that we really need to learn how to relentlessly use the system as designed to make our voices heard and our actual wills adhered to by our elected officials.

This isn't easy - it takes constant vigilance (being aware of what's going on in government that will impact us) and absolute dedication in responding to those things.

That means that we must phone, FAX and email our Reps and Senators every single time there's an issue we care about - no exceptions and no slacking off.

The proof that this works was exhibited during the recent "immigration reform" issue. People got seriously pissed and the government listened - and that's exactly what it's going to keep taking on our part - involvement.

Part of that "involvement" includes letting your Reps know beyond a shadow-of-a-doubt that you will be watching the way THEY vote on these issues - and casting YOUR vote the next time around based on that - and following through with that promise.

Should it ever reach a point where none of that works, then a tax revolt is called for - one where everyone goes into their place of employment and changes their W-4 form to claim that no taxes be with-held (Item 7). This is both legal and a peaceful way to force politician's to listen (you can always change it back after they get their head's straight).

Unfortunately, if that fails through lack-of-participation on the general public's part..... Pete