• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you have a opinion on Safariland 070 SS III mid-ride level III

Mack 12ga.

imported post

I am thinking of getting a Safariland 070 SS III holster for my Para- Ordnance P-14-45 and use it for OCing, I want the level III retention that it provides, I am also aware of the fact that I will need to spend a lot of time practicing so I wont have any problems drawing my weapon in the event I need it in an emergency.

However I am interested in the quality and serviceability of the holster, and any hints on taking care of it that I might have missed, along with any negative opinions that I should be aware of.

Mjolnir

imported post

It is a superb duty holster ya can't go wrong with it.

However, for OC you have better choices as this holster is designed for uniformed LEO use on a duty belt.

And yes it does require training in the use of the safety features.

Mack 12ga.

imported post

I have a couple of Galco holsters for my 1991-a1 Colt compact that I use for concealed carry, and I've looked at there other holsters and also I have looked at Brigade along with others and haven't found anything that has retention along with good looks.

So if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.Thanks.

Mjolnir

imported post

My personal take on retention features in a open cary holster is that it's a training issue and that you do not need anything more than a thumb break on an open carry holster.

Why would you allow somebody to close with you so they can take your weapon.

Why are you in condition white & not aware that somebody is stalking you & about ready to grab your weapon.

If they get close enough to grab your weapon then they are close enough to stick a blade into you & you have already lost.

Ever fight somebody trying to take your weapon out of a holster, it's a mother humper and kicks your azz.

I would rather depend on using my brain & good tactics than alowing somebody to get close enough to grab my weapon.

Take a look at Blade Tech and Comp-Tac holsters, I personally perfer Comp-Tac, but that's just me. http://67.52.203.44/index.html

If you want a leather holster, then you will not find anybody better than
Rob Longnecker of Tucker Gunleather http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

Mjolnir

imported post

Here's the Tuckers holster I want for my 1911 & OC

rlcompanyusa_1954_49858.jpg

Bubba Ron

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
If you want a leather holster, then you will not find anybody better than
Rob Longnecker of Tucker Gunleather http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

Actually Rob is the front man, William Tucker is the artist, he actually refused to make a crossdraw hoslter and matching belt (about $300)for my wifescarry gun because he felt the barrel was too short for this type holster. Iabsolutely agree that a Tucker Gun Leather holster and beltis worth the wait and the price - they area work of art.

Mjolnir just put up a picture verifying his and my posts.....

Mack 12ga.

imported post

It's not about the condition I walk around in, it's about finding the right holster for OCing my Para, I like leather holsters with a top strap and I like the idea about retention features, my opinion is that open holsters with no strap is only asking for trouble, if I can disarm some one with one then I'm sure there are others that are better then me that can doa better job. but that's not the issue, I'm only interested in a good holster. Thanks for your response

Bubba Ron

imported post

Mack 12ga. wrote:
It's not about the condition I walk around in, it's about finding the right holster for OCing my Para, I like leather holsters with a top strap ....
A "top strap" is justone of manyoptions on most Tucker holsters.

Mjolnir

imported post

Mack 12ga. wrote:
it's about finding the right holster for OCing my Para, I like leather holsters with a top strap and I like the idea about retention features, my opinion is that open holsters with no strap is only asking for trouble
This is why there are so many superb holster makers, everybody has diferent ideas, training, background and feelings and that's a good thing :cool::cool:

Let us know what ye end up getting and how it works for ya!!!!!!!