• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police: Customer Shoots 2 Subway Robbery Suspects

Ausdog

imported post

Semper Fi

http://www.local10.com/news/13585335/detail.html

PLANTATION, Fla. -- A retired United States Marine disrupted a robbery in progress when he shot two men who attempted to rob a Subway sandwich shop, fatally wounding one of them, police said.

According to Plantation police, two armed men barged into the Subway at 1949 Pine Island Rd. shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday, demanding money from the employee behind the counter. When they tried to force a customer into the bathroom, he pulled out a gun and shot both men, police said.

One man was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. The other ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic.

A witness who was about to enter the Subway at the time said he thought the shootings were justified.

"I think justice, you know, was served and a civilian was a hero for today," Sebastian Shakespeare said.

Police said the customer, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Ausdog wrote:
"I think justice, you know, was served and a civilian was a hero for today," Sebastian Shakespeare said.
:celebrate:monkeyJustice was served in a quick and effective manor!

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic.
Jesus Montgumery Christ! Was he packing a .22?!

I'm starting to think that maybe carrying a boozaka is what is needed to take people out anymore...

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Semper Fi

These are the kind of outcomes we need......enough of them and maybe someday, the morons will start to think twice.