• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flying out of O'hare with declared pistol in checked luggage.

pkbites

imported post

Tomorrow we're flying from O'Hare to Anchorage. I've flown all over the country with pistols in my checked bags. Never a big problem.

But I've never done it out of (and then later on back into) King Richards Chicago.

Have any of you? Any problems?

junglebob

imported post

I've never flown out of O'Hare with pistols in the checked bags, but Chicago folks say it isn't a problem. Why don't you report back on this. There isn't even a problem driving through Chicago with cased unloaded firearms if you are a non-resident going somewhere else. So in this regard even Chicago is better than some places like Maryland or New York City.