Thread: Positive encounter in Farm Fresh

ccloud43

Post imported post

While I was shopping with the wifeat theChimney Hill Farm Freshlast sunday the 24th (yes i was oc'ing as i do almost everywhere nowdays) two men (I'll use initials J and B) walked up to me and started asking questions about oc'ing in Va.I did my best to explain the laws and told them to log on here to get all the info they need about OC. I hope that y'all will register with the site and bug LEO229, Hawkflyer Bob Cav and the rest to find out all the info you want to know and also join us for a dinner out.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hey, I know that Farm Fresh. I used to live on West Colonial Pkwy!

Great job! Keep the new members coming!

Post imported post

One (or two) people at a time, that's how it works.

I've been thinking about getting some business cards with Opencarry.org on one side and VCDL.org on the other.

Post imported post

I think the more personal approach is better. If you have cards, it just seems to impersonal and prepared. Just have pen and paper handy and jot the URLs down.

Some could argue that having a prepared card doesn't take away from the personal approach, but I think exerting the little effort into writing the URLs goes a long way.

Just my .45

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    I think the more personal approach is better. If you have cards, it just seems to impersonal and prepared. Just have pen and paper handy and jot the URLs down.

Some could argue that having a prepared card doesn't take away from the personal approach, but I think exerting the little effort into writing the URLs goes a long way.

Just my .45

In one way... I it looks kinda strange to have that info on a card. But then it is so easy to pass out if your approached all the time.

When handing out the card.. you can say "I had to get these done since I am asked this so often"

I am thinking... I would wait for them to ask for it first. Passing it out otherwise seems like your desperately looking for members.

Post imported post

You could get a second set ofcards with your phone number on them that say "For a good time call:" and hand these out to girls... Sooner or later one of them's bound to call.:P

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    You could get a second set ofcards with your phone number on them that say "For a good time call:" and hand these out to girls... Sooner or later one of them's bound to call.:P
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. Eh, Tomahawk?

:P

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    "officer, this is the number of the man that molested me..."

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    "officer, this is the number of the man that molested me..."
    That's paranoid!

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:

Call it a "force multiplier" or a "labor-saving technique".

Post imported post

I think the more personal approach is better... Just have pen and paper handy and jot the URLs down.
    You wouldn't think that if you saw my handwriting! :?

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:

Just smile and lick your eyebrows. That should get the desired attention.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
    One (or two) people at a time, that's how it works.

I've been thinking about getting some business cards with Opencarry.org on one side and VCDL.org on the other.
    Talk to DesertDoc. He's got great cards made up!

ccloud43

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:

Hey Bob, Where is west colonial pkwy? I live a couple blocks away from this one which is why i go to it so often. I also thought about making up cards to hand out but since i dont get approached that much(must be the constant scowl), only once so far that i figure I will just carry paper and write it for them.

Tomahawk as ugly as i am i could never get a girl to call anywaybut if one did call what would i say to the misses..:what:

Post imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
    BobCav wrote:

Hey Bob, Where is west colonial pkwy? I kive a couple blocks away from this one which is why i go to it so often. I also thought about making up cards to hand out but since i dont get approached that much(must be the constant scowl), only once so far that i figure I will just carry paper and write it for them.

Tomahawk as ugly as i am i could never get a girl to call anywaybut if one did call what would i say to the misses..:what:
    Just put my phone number on it, that should fix the problem.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
    BobCav wrote:

Hey Bob, Where is west colonial pkwy? I kive a couple blocks away from this one which is why i go to it so often. I also thought about making up cards to hand out but since i dont get approached that much(must be the constant scowl), only once so far that i figure I will just carry paper and write it for them.

It's near South Plaza Trail and Trashmore. Here's a map. http://tinyurl.com/2h99od

ccloud43

Post imported post

OK Bob i got it now, its not to far from where i live

Post imported post

Oh hey, I used to live behind the mechanic's shop across from the Lowe's that's right there.

I'm a bit suprised you didn't have any problems, really. The people that live in Green Run, well....

Though I did end up in a very entertaining car chase one night while going home...

Too bad for them I'm a better driver, and even better for them the screwdriver they threw at my driver's window didn't break anything... Go Jeep...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

ccloud43

Post imported post

Hey ABno, yeah same neighborhood, somebody robbed my jeep one night and got my stereo, even though it wasnt locked because it is a ragtop and i would rather have then open the door instead of cutting the window, they cut it anyway. So if you are ever in the area and see a black jeep with ordy tape on the drivers window its me. Feel free to stop me and i'll buy you a cold drink of your preference.:celebrate

Sometimes you can hear gunshots in the area and we even had a 12 year old kidnap a stripper a couple of streets over..And people around here ask me why i carry