Thread: Galco ankle holster ????

Post imported post

I am thinking of getting a para P-10 night hawg and putting it in a Galco ankle holster, I know this is a little off subject, unless I'm in shorts, and that is always a possibility

The holsterI'm looking at is the ankle glove, and I will be gettingtheaccessories such as the boot extenderalong with the calf strap.

Does any one have experience with this holster and accessories ? Thanks for your response:celebrate

Post imported post

Mack 12ga. wrote:
    I am thinking of getting a para P-10 night hawg and putting it in a Galco ankle holster, I know this is a little off subject, unless I'm in shorts, and that is always a possibility

The holsterI'm looking at is the ankle glove, and I will be gettingtheaccessories such as the boot extenderalong with the calf strap.

Does any one have experience with this holster and accessories ? Thanks for your response:celebrate
    The accessories for the ankle holsters are worthless in my opinion.. If you need to use the calf strap, the GUN IS TOO BIG!

The only way I've found it to be comfortable is for the weight of the holster to rest on the shoe(it tears up shoes, but life is full of trade-offs).

You might be fine with the calf strap, but I could never get used to it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I use an Uncle Mike's # 10 size ankle holster but only for guns no larger than a S&W Chief's Special (M60), Beretta 3032 or a Beretta 21A. Anything larger just doesn't work in the ankle position.

I do not use the calf strap it comes with; it rests a bit on my shoe but it's really the lower ankle that holds it up at a proper level. I have had no problems with it slipping as it pretty much stays in place.

When I wear boots (riding my MC), I can't use the ankle holster at all. Consequently, the gun goes into my MC jacket or vest pocket.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Thanks guys, I like the way Galco looks and will give it a try, Unless some one can give me a good reson not to get one. I'm looking at the Para-OrdnanceNight Howg 45acp it comes in at 24oz which is 1.5oz more than your chef spcl, I'm looking at the Howg for a BUG gun because I can stuff my full size mag from my P-14-45 in it and keep on fightingif the need ever arises.