• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At gunpoint and in cuffs in downtown Norfolk

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guys, you can forget that one, it's like pushing a rope. Though this is serious stuff to us, it's just a game to him. Word games with no action whatsoever. Besides a man is judged by his deeds, not his words.

Who knows why he is here, why he eludes every question? Why is complete anonymity so important to him far more thanmost of the people here? I think it'sbecauseit would blow his cover. Perhaps he's not supposed to even be on a gun board any more than Michael Jackson is allowed to drive kids to Kindercare. Perhaps he's an author doing research, or someone working on a thesis or dissertation using dishonest data collection methods. Maybe he's a psych student trying to get into the mind of gun owners. Maybe he's just psycho and out of his own mind. We can speculate for days and maybe nail it, maybe miss completely. Then again, perhaps that's his intent. Defocusing the forum. Creat dissent from "within".

Whatever his hidden agenda might be, he's not telling. But it most certainly is a hidden agenda. I might believe it would be for honest and noble reasons if the interactions here were more neutral and not so full of bitter, harsh criticism at nearly every turn.

I actually feel sorry for him. Over 1000 posts and hasn't made any real friends. Who knows what his issues are.Just ignore him until the new software with an ignore feature comes out.

tarzan1888

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
I am beginning to think that Danbus craves the attention of authority figures and this is his way of reaching out.;)

You really need to get a recorder and you really need to get a lawyer not IF but WHEN this happens again.

The sixties had their Rosa Parks, and we have our Danbus.

I see no real difference. Danbus you are the Man. :dude:

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
ccloud43 wrote:
Dutch Uncle wrote:
Any takers for Friday at 6PM?
Hey Dutch, I'll be there with the wife, where are we going to meet, @ waterside or over by the bank? I dont get over in that area much but i think there is a parking garage over in that area by the bank. Maybe we could all meet up over there and walk over to waterside.
I just talked with the Reverand, he suggested we meet at Jillians (333 Waterside Drive, Norfolk) around 6 p.m. I believe there's a parking garage directly across the street and if you park on the 2nd deck there is a "catwalk" overto Jillians. Let's meet up where the catwalk exits into Jillians.
This is the plan, we can also mosey on over to where Danbus was "interrogated" and talk to the rent a cops, take pictrures, walk by them eating icecream cones, whatever.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

What exactly is an MMMer? Sorry, but I'm having a hard time figuring this one out.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:

I just talked with the Reverand, he suggested we meet at Jillians (333 Waterside Drive, Norfolk) around 6 p.m. I believe there's a parking garage directly across the street and if you park on the 2nd deck there is a "catwalk" overto Jillians. Let's meet up where the catwalk exits into Jillians.
This is the plan, we can also mosey on over to where Danbus was "interrogated" and talk to the rent a cops, take pictrures, walk by them eating icecream cones, whatever.

Are you guys going to follow Hawk's suggestion?:

Hawkflyer wrote:
It seems to me that there needs to be a string of armed people walking past this particular security guard perhaps 5 minutes apart. What exactly is it that he is guarding? Does he work in the bank? Is there some other establishment he is "protecting"?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:

Hawkflyer wrote:
It seems to me that there needs to be a string of armed people walking past this particular security guard perhaps 5 minutes apart. What exactly is it that he is guarding? Does he work in the bank? Is there some other establishment he is "protecting"?
Why don't you show up and find out. We'd love to have you there with us.Though I do realize it is quite a haul from the great state of New Jersey.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:

Hawkflyer wrote:
Why don't you show up and find out. We'd love to have you there with us.

Is that a yes? You will follow the Hawkflyer Tactical TauntingProcession (HTTP)plan with 5 minute intervals?

Well, I hope it works out for youse all. And Danbus. :?

I hope the right security guard is there when you all pass him by. Maybe pickup an extra ice cream cone for him. Kind of, um, break the ice, y'know.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:

Hawkflyer wrote:
Why don't you show up and find out. We'd love to have you there with us.Though I do realize it is quite a haul from the great state of New Jersey.
+10000000000 Rev, see ya tonight at Jillians....

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Guys, you can forget that one, it's like pushing a rope. Though this is serious stuff to us, it's just a game to him. Word games with no action whatsoever. Besides a man is judged by his deeds, not his words.

Who knows why he is here, why he eludes every question? I think it'sbecauseit would blow his cover. Why is complete anonymity so important to him far more than most of the people here? Perhaps he's not supposed to even be on a gun board any more than Michael Jackson is allowed to drive kids to Kindercare. Perhaps he's an author doing research, or someone working on a thesis or dissertation using dishonest data collection methods. Maybe he's a psych student trying to get into the mind of gun owners. Maybe he's just psycho and out of his own mind. We can speculate for days and mabye nail it, maybe miss completely. Then again, perhaps that's his intent. Defocusing the forum. Creat dissent from "within".

Whatever his hidden agenda might be, he's not telling. But it most certainly is a hidden agenda. I might believe it would be for honest and noble reasons if the interactions here were more neutral and not so full of bitter, harsh criticism at nearly every turn.

I actually feel sorry for him. Over 1000 posts and hasn't made any real friends. Who knows what his issues are.Just ignore him until the new software with an ignore feature comes out.

"Guys, you can forget that one, it's like pushing a rope"....

Around his neck ???:what:...:lol:...:celebrate

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In terms of prevarication he makes Clinton look like a kibitzer. He did just produce a post describing himself to a "T".

HankT wrote:
...SNIP
It's a dman shame that some people simply cannot deal with disagreement or something that doesn't go their way--except by violence or attacking.  Such people are anchored down by strange and undeveloped personal philosophies that the world somehow revolves around them. And those people will tolerate no departures from that philosophy--even when it is obviously true.

So the poor guy has such a limited worldview that he doesn't know how to respond to someone giving him some news which he doesn't like--but which is totally true.
SNIP...

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man I didn't know HankT is from the Peoples Republic of New Joisy. My older brother and a cousin are held there, they are occassionally permitted to leave and visit if they leave a family member behind to ensure their return.:lol:

1st freedom

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Man I didn't know HankT is from the Peoples Republic of New Joisy. My older brother and a cousin are held there, they are occassionally permitted to leave and visit if they leave a family member behind to ensure their return.:lol:
That's funny,,,:lol::celebrate:lol:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:

He also CLAIMS to have answered the questions of how often, if ever, he OCs. Clearly, if he is in NJ, that would answer the question once and for all, which is probably why he will not mention his home state or actually answer the question.

In his defense, it would take some courage to answer such a question truthfully and directly. If you don't have it, you don't have it. So I do not expect to hear anything more than his empty claim to have answered the question in a now deleted thread. I read that thread and he never answered the question. So there is a certain candor issue here as well.

I am content that he lives someplace where OC is not permitted, and can weigh his input on OC issues in this forum accordingly. Worthless waste of bits.

Regards

IanB

imported post

I too remember that thread, and he never answered the question there. Nor will he repeat his "answer" elsewhere. Oh, Solucient!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT,

You really are becoming extremely tedious, but I suppose you've heard that many times before. Sort of like the annoying dork in class who always had his hand up saying "Teacher, teacher, I know the answer, please call on me, please, please!"

At first I tried to give you the benefitof the doubt, but at this point I've decided your comments are not worth the effort. Dealing with someone like you makes me feellikeI am at work (the locals know what that means).

I think you and Jersey area great match, though! Klootzac !!:cuss:

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:

If you guys want to know what state he is in, that is easy enough to find out. If a mod can get an IP that he has used, it can be traced back to the ISP that "owns" it....may even be able to tell what city too.